Amazon Cloud Drive sync error (download)

I am trying to sync larger ACD files (100 MB - 1.5 GB) and Odrive is not working using odrive Sync from right-click menu.

I either get

1. Amazon Cloud Internal Error
  2. starts syncing and then just stops at 4864 KB (no error, and it looked like if I never even tried to sync, e.g. the temporary sync file disappears).

I can download directly from ACD over ACD interface with no issues.
Also, smaller files like ebooks and PDFs sync OK.

Edit: Cloudberry Explorer for ACD downloads all large files from my ACD with no issues, it’s only Odrive that is having problems :frowning:
odrive version being used: prod6230

Hi @GeorgeToma,
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu so I can take a look and see if Amazon is reporting anything useful on these exceptions?

This is using right-click->sync on individual files, or on folders?

Hi

I submitted the diagnostic information

George

Hi @GeorgeToma,
I took a look at the diagnostic and I see several read timeout errors when trying to download from Amazon Drive:
Read timed out. caused by ReadTimeoutError(HTTPSConnectionPool(host='content-na.drive.amazonaws.com', port=443)

This indicates that Amazon is not responding to our request, for some reason. Usually these are temporary, network-related issues, or issues that Amazon Drive is experiencing internally.

Are you still seeing these errors?
Are they happening for all files, or for particular files?
Are your other storage sources downloading without this issue?

Hi

I am still seeing this errors, actually right now.

This happens on large files. Small files (e.g. 1-15 MB) sync with no issues.
I have no other storage source with large files so cannot really say if this error/issue unique to ACD.

I just sent you another diagnostics.

Hi @GeorgeToma,

I am still seeing the same network timeouts. It looks like the connection between you and Amazon may just have some instability. On larger files this will result in a higher likelihood of error. Our recursive sync action will stop when it hits some exceptions, so it makes bulk download much more difficult if there are intermittent network errors.

If you are trying to download a bunch of files in a folder, we can try the odrive CLI to essentially “sync until done” a specified folder. If the download fails it will be retried.

To do this follow these steps:

Open up a command prompt by clicking on the Windows icon in the taskbar, typing “cmd”, and then clicking on “Command Prompt”.

Once the command prompt is open, copy and paste the following command in (all one line) and hit enter. This will install the CLI for us to use in the next command:

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile(\"https://dl.odrive.com/odrivecli-win\", \"$comm_bin\oc.zip\");$shl=new-object -com shell.application; $shl.namespace(\"$comm_bin\").copyhere($shl.namespace(\"$comm_bin\oc.zip\").items(),0x10);del \"$comm_bin\oc.zip\";}"

Once the CLI is finished installing (it could take a minute or two), copy and paste this next command to perform a recursive sync of a folder. This command will continue retrying any downloads that fail until everything is downloaded. This is another long one-liner, so make sure you copy the whole thing:

powershell -command "& {$syncpath=\"[Full path of folder to sync here]\";$syncbin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\odrive.exe\";while ((Get-ChildItem $syncpath -Filter \"*.cloud*\" -Recurse | Measure-Object).Count){Get-ChildItem -Path \"$syncpath\" -Filter \"*.cloud*\" -Recurse | % {echo \"Syncing: $($_.FullName)`n\";& \"$syncbin\" \"sync\" \"$($_.FullName)\";}}}"

For the above command, be sure you replace [Full path of folder to sync here] with the folder you want to recursively sync.

Hello,

Thanks for the command line information.

I was not trying any batch download or whole folder download (I don’t think my Odrive version allows that?), I was just always attempting to sync a single file (or several files, by syncing them individually).

Does this information make any difference?

George

Hi @GeorgeToma,
The free version allows for whole-folder download, so it is possible. The effect you describe would be the same for single files, too, if they are prone to network failure. We currently don’t retry download on a failure.

You can try the CLI method on a folder and see if it yields better results, as it will retry automatically on a network failure, like the ones I see in the diagnostic.

Sorry I just got back to this issue (was busy resolving some more important stuff and I kept downloading large files from ACD using web interface).

So trying to install CLI, I get the following error:

‘$o’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Hi @GeorgeToma,
It seems like maybe the text wasn’t copied correctly. Can you show me a screenshot of the window?

Speaking of syncing, has anyone ever come across the “iPhone cannot be synced error 54”? I could not sync my device so I wonder if there is a fix or an alternative way.

Below is the screenshot I saw while syncing my phone. I was planning to update the iOS, therefore I had to backup the device. And it was quite urgent so I tried to backup via iCloud. And very unfortunately, I got another error message telling me that “the last backup could not be completed”. So any suggestion?

Hi @outletclarisonic,
odrive is for data synchronization to cloud storage, so we can’t really be much help for iPhone<->iTunes syncing, but here is an official support page for this error: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205597

You may want to reach out to Apple for additional help.

1 Like

Thank you very much Tony, I think I got the answer

1 Like