Add subdirectory path to custom blacklist to prevent uploading

I’ve seen several posts on here about how to prevent a specific folder from syncing or being uploaded, either by prefixing the directory with “~” or adding the directory name to the advanced custom blacklists.

However, do wildcards work with the blackListPrefixes or blackListContains array of files and paths as well? For example, I have a series of projects that each contains a /build/ directory that I don’t want uploaded nor synced. I’d like to add a single blacklist item, like “/company/projects//build”, and that would tell ODrive to not upload anything from each project’s build directory.

Unfortunately I can’t prefix the directory with “~” since other programs and processes are looking for this directory name specifically.

Is this possible currently? It doesn’t seem to be working, but perhaps I have my custom blacklist path set up wrong.

Hi @u10int ,
You can use the blackListNames advanced configuration parameter to ignore all folders with the name “build”.

Take a look at our documentation here for more details, and let me know if you have any questions:

Thanks @Tony. I know you can ignore folder names, but my use case is I don’t want to ignore all directories named “build” but rather only those under a certain path pattern. For instance, I want some “build” directories to be synced, just not all depending on parent project directory.

Hi @u10int ,
Sorry, I misunderstood.

Currently this isn’t possible since we are only looking at the file or folder name and not the full path, but it should be possible for us to match against a path.

Another little wrinkle is that we don’t support any wildcard character processing/matching. I am guessing this would be required for what you are trying to do.

Can you provide a real-world-ish example for how you would hope to specify this?

Maybe I’m thinking something similar to what gitignore supports: Git - gitignore Documentation

For example, I could add the following to my blackListContains array (or with a new blackListPatterns option) to have it ignore all of the build directories across all projects of a single client, e.g.:

**/client/projects/*/build

But this would still allow other build directories that don’t match this pattern, e.g. not under this client’s project directories.

1 Like