Trouble Syncing Folders

I am having trouble syncing my folders. It was working great for months when one morning I got an error notification “Cannot be synced at this time.” My companies IT department was not able to figure out the solution and recommended I reach out to Odrive.

Hi @tbruner,
Can you send over a diagnostic? Just let me know when it is sent, and we can take a look.

Tony,

See attached (hopefully this works).

Thank you.

current_odrive_status.txt (3.4 KB)

Hi @tbruner,

Thanks for sending that!

The issue is that the company name in Procore was renamed back in February. odrive tried to rename the local folder, but it wasn’t able to because of opened files inside the folder:

07 Feb 10:25:03AM ERROR Failed Move (Remote to Local) for Item: C:\Users\tbruner\odrive\Procore\ WhiteCon to C:\Users\tbruner\odrive\Procore/WCGConst

07 Feb 10:25:03AM ERROR Unable to sync remote move of C:/Users/tbruner/odrive/Procore/WhiteCon to C:/Users/tbruner/odrive/Procore/WCGConst, Please close all open files/folders to allow the move.

There was several notification pop-ups that were displayed at the time, but it is possible they were missed.
For example:
07 Feb 10:27:12AM INFO Notification sent (urgent): Unable to sync remote move of C:/Users/tbruner/odrive/Procore/WhiteCon to C:/Users/tbruner/odrive/Procore/WCGConst, Please close all open files/folders to allow the move.

07 Feb 02:25:41PM INFO Notification sent (urgent): There are items that have been unable to sync for a prolonged period of time. Please check the ‘waiting’ list in the odrive tray menu for more information.

Eventually odrive gave-up on the rename and put the folder into a “not allowed” state.

Next steps:
Normally you could just rename the folder to the new name, but it looks like you have since also synced the new company folder (WCGConst), which makes things a little more complicated.

The easiest way to move forward is to switch to only using the C:\Users\tbruner\odrive\Procore\WCGConst folder and no longer use the C:\Users\tbruner\odrive\Procore\WhiteCon folder.

If you have files in the C:\Users\tbruner\odrive\Procore\WhiteCon folder that you need to upload to Procore (files you have edited or added after the company rename and have not uploaded to Procore), you will want to copy them into the appropriate locations in the C:\Users\tbruner\odrive\Procore\WCGConst folder.

Once you have copied everything you need to upload from the old folder to the new folder, you can remove the old folder (C:\Users\tbruner\odrive\Procore\WhiteCon). It may be best to move it to another location (like your Desktop), just in case you discover there was a file in there that you didn’t copy over. You can eventually delete it, entirely, once you feel is is safe to do so.