What unlimited options do I have now that's Amazon is removing unlimited?

Thanks, good to know.
I will explore this option in deep, to see if google really is not limiting you to use just 1TB.
Lets, see.

I’m going to take the risk, I just got an account today.

I want to vote with my dollars. That’s the only language Amazon speaks.

I joined today to Google business
Let’s see, what’s happening.

Another possibility: Microsoft offers a 365 Home subscription, for $100/year, which gives 5 user licenses and each user gets 1TB of storage. Using odrive to link the 5 accounts can yield 5TB of total storage. Not unlimited, but not too shabby.

Has anyone successfully added more than one OneDrive account? I can only get one to link. I have one for media, one for backup and one live. But I cannot link to more than one with odrive, unless I’m doing something wrong.

Hi @sacherjj,
Take a look at this post:

I was pretty sure I did that, but got an error. I actually just tried it again and was surprised that it worked.

I think this would be a slam dunk immediately at $5/mo just for unsync. But still having to think it through for full price. Although having both OneDrive’s linked is getting closer.

It’s just me, but if you value your data, I wouldn’t rely on a Google loophole to store your data. At some point that loophole is going to get fixed and either you are going to be charged some some of money or lose your data.

Right now I use OpenDrive and I am using odrive to get my data off Amazon and moving it to OpenDrive through a convoluted process that is killing me.

The issue with OpenDrive and oDrive is that WebDav is mode of connection. Webdav a couple of years ago was amazing! Fast speeds, I was uploading 10 and 15GB files without issues, but one day it changed. I complained and was told they reduced the file sizes allowed through WebDav to 2GB. I verified but still complained. They noted WebDav is Beta. Yeah, but it’s been around a long time, but… Their service, their rules.

My issue is that I use Linux. ODrive has the sync agent which works really well under Linux, so that’s how I work with Amazon. It doesn’t work with OpenDrive so I either use a virtual server running Windows or the website.

OpenDrive is good if you can stick to Windows. You can sync, keep it in the cloud, not keep it locally… Amazing service.

Back when I found them I was using another service. That provided unlimited, and they changed their pricing. There used to be a few more providers. Now a days hard drives are getting so cheap it’s almost worth it to by a 3tb drive a year every year.

If you don’t mind my asking, how much data do you currently have on OpenDrive? I had read some horror story’s about people losing data because it wasn’t REALLY unlimited as they claim.

Void4ever

I would like to be able to use Backblaze B2 which is much less expensive than S3. But it is still only read only. Is this going to change anytime soon?

Hi @miles202,
We will be adding write support to B2 once we have our upcoming major release out. I don’t have an exact timeline to give on that, however.

After comparing and trying all the services you guys have or haven’t mentioned, I grew tired of counting on service providers to give me the storage I need. (Amazon SUCKS!) So I came back to my reliable NAS. I built a Synology NAS for $600 dollars (6TB HDD x 2 + Synology NAS case). So now I have 12 TB space. This is not RAID1 or 5, I understand the risk. But in case if one HDD degrades, I will get notice in advance and transfer the data to a new drive. Also, I am planning to get a 4 bay NAS so that I can have RAID5 which allows one HDD to fail and I still have the maximum space to use.

I will not count on others to give me what I need. Big corporations SUCK!

If it helps anyone, after the Amazon announcement, I did an extensive review of available providers with their quotas, pricing and reputation. I was looking at file services using similar mechanisms (Odrive compatibility, clientless web based access, etc). As much as I hate what Amazon did in regards to the policy (huge bait and switch) in looking at everyone else they’re still the ‘best overall option’ IMO for a single user. That means least hassle, best price per GB, tiers offered and overall reliability. Moving several TB of data to another provider has to be part of the equation. Microsoft requires multiple accounts for o365, Google jumps from 1TB to 10TB, BackBlaze B2 Cloud is same price at best or more if you factor download as Amazon Cloud (non-S3) per TB and other major providers are just too expensive in comparison.

Unfortunately, I think we’re seeing the market bottom out in terms of cloud storage pricing and the days of ‘unlimited’ over. Everything has a limit at some point. My long term plan is getting a home NAS but I still want that sync’d to the cloud for all important items and unless something changes within a year it looks like I’m sticking to Amazon.

If OpenDrive fixes there API so that Odrive would work with it again would you change your recommendation? I’m still curious just how unlimited they really are.

Void4ever

Its just my opinion - be careful with opendrive.
I subscribed for one year, meantime I saw that upload and download speed are very slow (3Mb-5Mb).
I had some issues with uploading files by dragging them into opedrive application.
I requested to cancel my account and refund my money.
Its still about 13 days after I requested, they just writing me "we will get back to you shortly…"
I didn’t received any feedback of refund.
I asked PayPal to help me for refund, my case is still open.

What cloud service has unlimited storage to use with odrive

Hi @davidm82,
Take a look at the above thread for some discussion on this, particularly this post:

Be careful if you use S3 with odrive. We found the odrive made a crazy number of billable requests for the amount of data actually processed. It’s worse with Glacier. We didn’t see the same inefficiency with Google Cloud. Haven’t tried Azure or Backblaze with odrive, so I can’t say for them.

If you work with a couple other people or convince two friends to join, look at Dropbox Advanced Business. Unlimited storage, no transaction charges, reasonably fast speeds - not the stupidly slow transfers Amazon Cloud Drive gives.