Unable to sync some files - Please check network connection

Hello!

I’d like to ask if anyone has run into a similar issue.

The problem is that when I want to download a rather large file (actually any file around 100 MB) it stays a while downloading and after 2/3 minutes it displays an error saying: “Unable to sync blabla.cloud file. Please check your network connection or manage your proxy settings.”

This doesn’t happen with other files, generally smaller in size, so I guess it’s not a problem with firewalls or anything related to security.

The files are all stored in a single Amazon S3 bucket, and I’m using Odrive client build 6284.

Do you know what the problem may be? Some timeout or something similar?

Please let me know in case you need any further information, such as log files or need me to send you a diagnostics report.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Marco

Hi @marcofogliatto,
It sounds like there is a network issue during the large file download that prevents it from completing. The larger the file, the more likely you are to hit an issue like this.

Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu and we can take a look?

Hi Tony!

Thanks a lot for your response! Indeed, there seem there was some network issue as I changed from wifi to cable and it worked perfectly well :smiley:

Just in case, I’ve seen that those diagnostics reports are requested every time there’s an issue with the app, and since I couldn’t find any error log with a more verbose message, I was wondering if there was a place where those diagnostics are stored before they are sent.

Thanks again for your support!

Cheers,
Marco

Hi @marcofogliatto,
That is good news! Large file operations can be a pain because of this type of thing. I am glad you were able to get a cable connection to complete these.

Feedback is something we’ve improved on greatly in the next generation product, which is coming soon.

1 Like