Sync Errors - One Drive

Hi There,

We have been using ODrive sync for almost a year with no problems but it looks like the sync app stopped syncing about 4-5 weeks ago , if i go into some of the folders that are supposed to be synced some of them have ticks on the files but new files created are not syncing back to the cloud.

Are there any log files anywhere on the computer syncing the changes that i can find out what the error could be ?

Hi @jason6,
Do you see anything listed in “not allowed” or “waiting” in the odrive menu? If you see things listed in “not allowed”, click on one of the items to see what message it shows.

You can also send a diagnostic from the odrive menu, and I can take a closer look. Just ping me when you do so.

Hi Tony,

no dont have anything in waiting or not allowed, I have just sent the diagnostics report

Hi @jason6,
Thanks. I am taking a look.

Can you give me a few paths for files that are not uploading?
Are you finding that you cannot upload anything, or is it only in specific locations? For example, if you add a file into the root of your OneDrive folder, does it upload?

HI @Tony,

Ive done some testing , it seems to be the following path that isnt working, my tests to the root of the 3 accounts i have setup all seem to be syncing so im not sure why this folder is not, this is one of the folders i use the most so not sure whats happened.

Even a manually running the sync on that folder doesnt seem to do anything.

D:\CloudSync\odrive\jason@canobie.net.au\Cycling\Road Results\2017\Winter Road\Senior

Hi @jason6,
I took a look at the diagnostic, but nothing sticks out for that particular path.

Can you run a couple of tests with this folder?

• Upload a file to this folder via the OneDrive web client
  • Upload another file to this folder via the odrive web client
  • Do the two files show up on the desktop? Are you able to download them?
  • Are you able to unsync and sync again a file in this folder?
  • If you add a new file does it just sit there and not sync?
  • Does anything change if you right-click-> odrive refresh on that folder?

After performing these actions, can you send another diagnostic?

Hi @Tony

Upload a file to this folder via the OneDrive web client - Synced Fine
Upload another file to this folder via the odrive web client - This Also Synced
Do the two files show up on the desktop? Are you able to download them? - Yes Showup and can be downloaded
Are you able to unsync and sync again a file in this folder? - Yes
If you add a new file does it just sit there and not sync? - No New Files seem to sync
Does anything change if you right-click-> odrive refresh on that folder? - No nothing changes the files that were not syncing before are still not syncing

Thanks for running through those @jason6.

It sounds like everything is working as expected except the files that there are files that already exist in that folder and are refusing to upload. Is that correct?

Can you give me an example file name that is not syncing? Perhaps these files have characters in them that are causing them to be ignored? https://docs.odrive.com/docs/sync-changes#section--ignore-list-

• If you rename one of these files to a simple name, does it happen to upload?
  • What if you move it out of the folder and back in?
  • What if you make a copy of it?

Hi @Tony,

The Highlighted files are not being uploaded, also not showing the blue tick either, whereas the other files in the folder are working.

If i rename the file to a simple name , i tried Simple.docx it didnt make a difference.
When creating the files originally i always copy an existing document, first and rename it to the appropriate date, last time i tried this was on Saturday 29th shown by the date 2017-07-29 in the file name, the copied file does not upload either.
I Moved the files out of the folder , tried to Unsync the folder and i got the following error "Can’t unsync Senior. Unexpected error. Please try again later.
When copying back in they just sit there and dont upload, ive just noticed the same issue is happening to the Junior folder i have one level back in the folder chain.

Hi @Tony

Also Inside Junior Folder the highlighted files also are not uploaded or present on Onedrive when i login.

Hi @Tony,

I have just resolved the issue by accident , logged into the account that is doing the syncing on the sync pc and tried to open those documents and got an access denied error , on checking the permissions found out that the username doing the syncing did not have permissions to read those new files as it looked like someone changed some permissions in the root folder which meant that the permissions needed were not getting applied to new files, once this was fixed up ODrive seems to be working happily again and has since synced those files.

Thanks for the troubleshooting time

Oh wow! Thanks for the updates @jason6. Good detective work. I’m glad to hear things are looking good now.