Sync/download from Amazon Cloud Drive

When I try to sync files back down from Amazon Cloud Drive, I can only do them one at a time, if I select all the files in the folder (about 12), it only syncs one of them. I try to right click on each file to select sync but the popup keeps going away before I can click the sync option.
Then I get the popup error: Amazon Cloud Drive internal server error, or a different error about a mismatch. I understand if it is coming from ACD side, but the result is that the download is stopped and I have to sync it again. I hope that this would keep trying so it can complete the whole file.
I have been uploading everything just fine, but if it is problematic getting the files back…
Files are about 3gb, split and encrypted.

Hi @wynne.tom,
Currently odrive is limited to only being able to right-click->sync one file at a time. We plan to address this in a future release.

For split + encrypted files, there are also some issues we have run into working with Amazon Drive where it can be difficult to download them back down. The files, themselves, are fine, but Amazon will throw some exceptions that abort the download. The next major release of odrive will be addressing this so that we can account for these errors and continue to download, despite them. Apologies for the inconvenience here.

What is the split you were using with those files?