Sync Agent RPI Urllib3-Error

Hi @Tony,

Any luck on getting this working?

Hi @jedhassell,
My apologies. I just started looking at this yesterday after being able to clear a bunch of stuff off my list. I don’t have any updates to provide, but I will be looking more at it today and tomorrow.

Are there any updates on this? I get the same error and actually wasn’t even able to find this page by googling the “you have to run …” error. Is it not indexed?

I’m trying to install this on a Raspberry Pi. After
nohup "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odriveagent" > /dev/null 2>&1
I get no output at all. If I instead enter
nohup "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odriveagent">/dev/null&
I get an output like
[1] 1829
, with an increasing number.
But after both of these, when I enter
python "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" authenticate <CODE>
or
"$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive" status
, I get the output
You must have odrive agent or desktop running before using this script.
When I try to execute the scripts directly from the file explorer, the console opens and closes quickly afterwards. How do I get ODrive to keep running?

Hi @fabianroeling,
I haven’t been able to produce a build that works properly, yet. My apologies. I think the automated build process for this version needs to be overhauled. I am waiting for some resources to free up to do this.

What are the chances of open sourcing the PI version?

Hi @jedhassell,
There aren’t any plan to open source, at this time. I have tentative confirmation that the build can be worked on next week, though. My sincere apologies for the delay.

Update: I’m now using Grive. Has downloaded a folder with content at least once, but I didn’t do enough testing to confirm that it fully works.

Any updates or anyway I can help on this issue? I have the exact same error on my raspberry pi as well.

Thanks

Can some folks on this thread try this build and verify that it works for them? https://www.odrive.com/s/4d28bc76-ed7d-4059-80f9-927c90ceab4d-5a744026

1 Like

Fantastic, this works!
I did the standard download install, then moved the original odriveagent to odriveagent_orig.
Then copied in this one and ran: nohup "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odriveagent" and the log file was empty (good).

I then ran the official way (dropping the output to /dev/null) and did a
python .odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py status.
All is well!

Thank you very much for the work on this one.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @chris16!

An official build has been released for download now too:
https://dl.odrive.com/odriveagent-rpi

after running the directions here https://docs.odrive.com/docs/odrive-sync-agent i am getting this error:

ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib", line 147, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/hudson/workspace/Odrive_RPi_Agent/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveagent/LinuxOdriveAgent/out00-PYZ.pyz/hashlib", line 97, in __get_builtin_constructor
ValueError: unsupported hash type md5

Hi @jedhassell,
Can you provide the details for your environment?

1. What distribution and version?
  2. Which version of the agent was downloaded?
  3. What is the command you ran to receive this error?

Hi Tony,

I was able to use @chris16 instructions to get it working. I synced my root folder but now I am seeing ~5k random folders with UUID named files inside. What the heck is this? See https://screencast.com/t/cO8VsMIgDj for an example. Are any of my other valid folders at risk of being deleted? Can I safely delete these random folders?

Hi @jedhassell,
Can you provide some information on what you are syncing?

What is the storage type and what does it look like when you view it from the odrive web client or the storage’s own web client?

The image looks like a Finder view of your files, but I know you were doing this on a RPi. Can you explain what I’m looking at in that picture?

Hi @Tony,

Sure. This is a view from my Mac which is also running the mac sync client. I am trying to create a backup of my files on my Pi. I am mainly storing ~1tb of jpg and cr2 images. There are around 50mb of documents but nothing that resembles these folders in the image. I am storing these on Amazon Drive and the folders have been synce to Amazon drive. My original folders with my data are still in tact it appears so that’s a relief. I’m just not sure where all of these ~5k folders came from.

Hi @jedhassell,
Since this is Amazon Drive, take a look at this post here. It may be what you are seeing: Mysterious unknown files/folders under root Amazon Drive folder

Also, to clarify, the current release of agent for RPi on our download page didn’t work, but the test binary I posted above did?

Hi @Tony,

Also, to clarify, the current release of agent for RPi on our download page didn’t work, but the test binary I posted above did?
Yes, the general instructions did not work but swapping out that binary fixed it.

Also, thanks for the link! I’ll check it out.

Thanks @jedhassell!

I realized I had an issue in the tar of the last version, so when it extracted in the automated fashion it was carrying a path, and would be put in the wrong place. I have corrected this so that the official version should work as expected.

1 Like