Spaces - Duplicate files

Hi

I have created a space linked to a folder on my one drive.
I noticed that on my mac Odrive created a subfolder with that name in the spaces folder.

I then added to the folder on my desktop and noticed the Odrive synced the file in both places. Am I now created a duplicate file on my mac, or are the files in the spaces sub folder simply links?

Regards

Hi @Terence,

Space feature is used to share your data with other odrive users. As you have created a space against your OneDrive folder so any contents your OneDrive folder will contain now can be shared with other users via email invitation.

When you add a new folder, there is no duplicate folder created in your OneDrive storage but odrive lists your folder in both OneDrive link folder and space folder as representation of the same folder in your storage. This means any changes you made either in OneDrive link folder or space can be noticed in both places since folder is same in storage. In synced state your folder will occupy disk space separately in each folder.

I think in your current scenario, you don’t need to access files from space folder since you already have them available in your OneDrive link folder under odrive folder (until you are using spaces for a different purpose)

Please learn more about Space here:

Thanks,
Asif

Asif is there not way to prevent the spaces folder syncing again on my desktop?
Also are there no icon representations of share folders for Odrive spaces the same as in Dropbox shared folders?

Regards

Hi @Terence,

You can unsync “Spaces” folder or residing sub-folders to prevent it from syncing.

1. Goto odrive folder
  1. Open “Spaces” folder
  2. Select “sub-folder” (represents the space), right click → unsync should revert it back to placeholder.

Note: Unsync is premium feature, if your trial is expired you can simply delete your space from web interface (make sure change is reflected to your desktop) and re-add the space again.

Regarding your second question, currently there is no icon representation of spaces folders in desktop. I’ll forward this suggestion to the team.

Thanks,
Asif