Some files are moved to Tash bin automatically

When I sync my files from ‘OneDrive for Business’ to the local disk in Mac, it seems some files are automatically moved to tash bin, although i have not deleted it Intentionally. Is there anybody know why this happened?

Hi @tomei.yo,
A few questions for you:

• Are you able to reproduce this?
  • Does this always happen to the same files/folders?
  • If you restore the items listed in the trash, are they sent to the trash again, or do they remain where they are?
  • If you can reproduce this, can you do it again and then send a diagnostic from the odrive menu?

Hi @Tony,

Here are my answers to your questions:

• Are you able to reproduce this?
    ->Yes, since after I recover the target files, it was moved to trash bin automatically again. I also reproduced it when I sync other folder.
  • Does this always happen to the same files/folders?
    ->Yes, I think so. After the above recovery, only the same files appeared in trash bin.
  • If you restore the items listed in the trash, are they sent to the trash again, or do they remain where they are?
    -> They are sent to trash again.
  • If you can reproduce this, can you do it again and then send a diagnostic from the odrive menu?
    -> I sent the diagnostic just now.

Hi @tomei.yo,
I think this is a case of NFD vs NFC (unicode normalization) differences between the filesystem and the remote storage. Generally odrive can handle it okay, but in certain cases it seems like there is an issue. Some of the problem stems from Apple’s use of HFS+ filesystem, which converts everything to NFD while almost everything else uses NFC.

We will see how we can better handle this type of issue in future versions (maybe normalize all inputs to NFD on Apple systems). For now, however, the easiest way to get around this is to try renaming the files that keep getting seen as remotely deleted. Can you try that for the files in question? Rename them from the OneDrive web client.

Hi @Tony, Noted and Thanks! I’d like to close this topic.

1 Like