So. . .I am CERTAIN this has been asked, but I'm a bit unclear

Alright. . .for some background, I have Windows 10 and am using odrive to link to Amazon Cloud service. I am using a program that records audio and am saving the resulting file directly to a folder on Amazon Cloud Drive using odrive. Does this fall within the free or premium model? If it falls within the premium model and I am not quite ready to go full bore with the premium yet, what needs to be done to be able to do what I am wanting within the free model?

Again, I just want to be clear and thank you for such a wonderful product!

Hi @clubwdw,

Can you take a look at this post and see if it answers your question? Do I need Premium to sync files on an on-going basis?

Basically, if your audio recordings are going somewhere on your computer that is outside of the odrive folder (e.g. C:\AudioRecordings) and you are using odrive to sync from C:\AudioRecordings\ directly to some location in Amazon Cloud Drive, then that is a premium feature (setting up a sync relationship from a location outside of your odrive folder directly to Amazon Cloud Drive).

If you can have your audio recordings just place the output recording files directly into a folder location within your odrive folder (e.g. C:\Users\Me\odrive\Amazon Cloud Drive\Recordings), then that is how you can keep doing what you’re doing on the free plan. Or have some process periodically copy the recordings into the location in the odrive folder.

-Jeff

1 Like

That answered it! Yes. . .the folder I sync to is the one mirrored on Amazon Cloud Drive. . .thank you so much for the info! If this works out well, I will entertain dropping some $$$, if for no other reason than to support the project!

1 Like