Re-sync all Encryptor Content after Amazon Drive failure

And NO, adding in single folder into the web interface DOES NOT allow everything to resync. I’m clearly missing sub folders that I know should be there, but are not. I have THOUSANDS of folders!! How am I supposed to know what’s missing? It’s not like I can log into Amazon and tell what’s there – it’s all encrypted!

BECAUSE MY LOCAL COPY IS GONE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS MISSING OR NOT!

How do I know what should really be there? Sync back the encrypted data with another tool?

Tony, you absolutely HAVE TO use this as an opportunity to give us some standalone simple tool to allow us to unencrypt our data. Not some python based github BS. I need a tool that I can use to decrypt everything in one shot.

I’m completely screwed here. Unless I can get this data back and TRUST that it’s all there, I’m f’ked. I trusted Odrive to help me backup and safeguard this data. PLEASE tell me you can help us out here with a tool that’s going to make this easy and reliable. ASAP.

Hi @wlansdowne,
I moved this to a new topic to focus on your resync.

the odrive desktop client should be able to sync all of the content on Amazon down. As you said, it may take quite some time, unfortunately.

The ‘new folder’ workaround was only used to trigger Amazon Drive’s listing to return content again, instead of returning nothing. Amazon ended up correcting the issue, so that workaround wasn’t needed anymore after about 30 minutes.

We can use the CLI to sync all of the folders first, so you can take a look at what you have. A normal recursive sync from the desktop client is going to try to download everything (files and folders), so there will be items missing as it goes through that process.

Here are the steps to take:
Stop automatic sync from the odrive menu (under the top entry in the menu)

Open up a command prompt by clicking on the Windows icon in the taskbar, typing “cmd”, and then clicking on “Command Prompt”.

Once the command prompt is open, copy and paste the following command in (all one line) and hit enter. This will install the CLI for us to use in the next command:

powershell -command "& {$comm_bin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\";$o_cli_bin=\"$comm_bin\odrive.exe\";(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile(\"https://dl.odrive.com/odrivecli-win\", \"$comm_bin\oc.zip\");$shl=new-object -com shell.application; $shl.namespace(\"$comm_bin\").copyhere($shl.namespace(\"$comm_bin\oc.zip\").items(),0x10);del \"$comm_bin\oc.zip\";}"

Once the CLI is finished installing (it could take a minute or two), copy and paste this next command to perform a recursive expand of all folders in the specified folder. This command each folder until they are all expanded. This is another long one-liner, so make sure you copy the whole thing:

powershell -command "& {$syncpath=\"$HOME\odrive\Encryptor\[Folder to Sync Here]\";$syncbin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\odrive.exe\";while ((Get-ChildItem $syncpath -Filter \"*.cloudf\" -Recurse | Measure-Object).Count){Get-ChildItem -Path \"$syncpath\" -Filter \"*.cloudf\" -Recurse | % { & \"$syncbin\" \"sync\" \"$($_.FullName)\";}}}"

For the above command, be sure you replace [Folder to Sync Here] with the folder you want to recursively sync.

Once that has finished you should have all of your folders visible within odrive. Then you can work on syncing all of the files down. You can use this script to do that:

powershell -command "& {$syncpath=\"$HOME\odrive\Encryptor\[Folder to Sync Here]\";$syncbin=\"$HOME\.odrive\common\bin\odrive.exe\";while ((Get-ChildItem $syncpath -Filter \"*.cloud*\" -Recurse | Measure-Object).Count){Get-ChildItem -Path \"$syncpath\" -Filter \"*.cloud*\" -Recurse | % { & \"$syncbin\" \"sync\" \"$($_.FullName)\";}}}"

Again, be sure you replace [Folder to Sync Here] with the Encryptor folder you want to recursively sync.

Thanks Tony. I do appreciate the reply. I realize this isn’t personally your fault and I’m trying to act accordingly, but I’m beyond out of my mind frustrated. I’m going to have to give up and look at this tomorrow. I literally can’t see straight right now and absolutely gutted.

Before anyone decides to chime in and give their unwanted opinion, yes, I have copies of this data (most of it aside from the last 3-6 months) in alternate places, generally scattered across numerous external drives. My central local copy was the most up to date and more importantly organized version. It was sitting on redundant internal drives acting as my ‘master’ copy. I can more or less assemble all this back together, but it will constitute dozens if not hundreds of man hours of effort to do so. Best case, I’m looking at 3-4 months of sync’ing data because of my 1TB/month bandwidth limits.