Problem with (spaces and) encryption

Hi @pkoenighofer,
The IFS download from encrypted folders should be working now, which had issues before.

The large file upload cycling is still outstanding and something I will be digging into today to figure out what is going on there.

first tests with IFS on encrypted folders with unsync and re-sync are successful.
I am going to run some more complex folders now. I will report back in a few days.

1 Like

I wanted to update on the IFS + encryption behavior. Currently resume of an uploaded IFS file in an encrypted folder does not work as it does in non-encrypted folders. This is due the the randomized nature of the encrypted filenames being generated, which resets when an exception is hit. When IFS is engaged it is not finding a match to resume from.

Sorry for the confusion here.

after some testing, it does NOT work.
Please see my reply in the other thread:

I have the same issue.

Something is wrong with the detection of existing files on ACS.

Uploading to amazon partly works, partly not.
If the odrive client (on windows) gets in an upload loop, I often can see the file in a mac client and it is present on the amazon drive. But the windows client restarts the action and tries to upload the file over and over again.

I use an encryption folder for this.

I downloaded the file in the mac client, it is exact same file as on the windows side. So upload succeeded, but the client does not detect it correctly.

I stopped the windows odrive client, restarted it, still the same behavior: trying to upload already existing files.
I stopped the windows odrive client, deleted the .odrive/db/tracking files, restarted. still the same behavior: trying to upload already existing files.
I moved out the files, added empty .cloud files for each of the already uploaded filesā€¦And tadaā€¦ the client recognizes the files on ACSā€¦

So there is a bug in there in detecting a successful upload!

PLEASE CHECK, this leads to a lot of these looping issues.

Appreciate the detail and the report. We will take another look at this looping behavior in encrypted folders.