Problem Folder - Will Not Sync

I have a folder that will not Sync. Every time I attempt to nudge a Sync to begin manually, I get a message to try again later. Please see: http://cloud.sct.io/hr4J

Any ideas? I’ve tried syncing this folder to both Amazon Cloud Drive and a Google Drive.

Max OS X Sierra

Thank you!

Hi @invertedcommas,
Are you attempting a full download of that folder?
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Hi @Tony , thanks for the quick reply. This isn’t a download (files are on my HDD), just trying to get the initial sync to the cloud to happen. I hit the button to “Send Diagnostics” – hopefully you get it. You can see the name of the folder in question in the screen capture provided in my previous message.

Thanks agian!

Hi @invertedcommas,
I see an error related to a particular file in the _Resources folder. The file is:
_Resources/Design Assets/Dealotto-Bundle/Screeny/Screeny_1.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Resources/fr_CA.lproj

I believe this file is a symlink and the file it is pointing to doesn’t exist. I searched around and found this:

I’m guessing we may be hitting this issue, where there fr_CA.proj is invalidly symlinked, causing an exception when odrive hits this object.

To work around it you could try just deleting that file. It seems like it is useless anyway, if it the problem above.

@Tony – Thanks for the help! I’ll try that and see what happens. I’m assuming your team is looking at how to get around this issue of broken links in directories, as ultimately the user shouldn’t have to worry about things like that. I could see getting an error on a single file, but for an entire backup to be borked by one file is silly. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the prompt and thoughtful support – and have a great weekend!

Thanks. I’ve submitted a dev ticket for this issue to make sure we track it properly and find a way to better handle this situation.

Have a great weekend, too!