oDrive stoped, and won't start

Hi, we install oDrive yesterday, today it stop to sync to Amazon Cloud. After quit, the program won’t start. Double click on the application, it try to start (appear the “sync sign”), but several seconds later it quit, and gone the sync sign.
We try to reinstall it, but nothing.

OSX 10.11.6 Core i7

Hi @filmjungle,

Can you perform the following steps, please?

1. First exit odrive.

2. Open a terminal session (type “terminal” in Spotlight search):

3. Run each the following commands separately in the terminal session (copy & paste + Enter) and then paste the output here:

Command 1:

"/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive" -v

Command 2:

bindir=$(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1); echo $bindir;"${bindir}odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive"

Hi Tony,

This is the first command result:
"/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive" -v
Starting launcher with verbose output…
No product argument was passed in. Attempting to find product.conf…
Using path /Applications/odrive.app/Contents/Resources/product.conf…
Using /Users/filmdzsungel/.odrive as the installed folder path…
Attempting to mark the installed folder path as hidden…
Writing the product.conf file at /Users/filmdzsungel/.odrive…
Reading the version number from the version file…
Attempting to read systemAlertRoom from config…
Setting up diagnostics for buildNo: 6149, productName: prod, systemAlertRoom: 1358891
Creating launcher object…
Checking if another odrive process is running again to reduce the chances of a race condition…
Launching…
Launch succeeded!

And the odrive still won’t start, few seconds I see the sync sign, but it’s gone again.

This is the second command result:

/Users/filmdzsungel/.odrive/bin/6149/
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py”, line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
File “/Users/admin/git/juggernaut/deploy/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mixpanel_async/async_buffered_consumer.py”, line 36, in run
File “/Users/admin/git/juggernaut/deploy/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mixpanel_async/async_buffered_consumer.py”, line 255, in _sync_flush
File “/Users/admin/git/juggernaut/deploy/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mixpanel/init.py”, line 433, in _flush_endpoint
File “/Users/admin/git/juggernaut/deploy/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mixpanel/init.py”, line 335, in send
File “/Users/admin/git/juggernaut/deploy/sandbox/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mixpanel/init.py”, line 350, in _write_request
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py”, line 154, in urlopen
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py”, line 429, in open
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py”, line 447, in _open
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py”, line 407, in _call_chain
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py”, line 1241, in https_open
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py”, line 1198, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>

Exception in thread initialize_mounts_in_threads:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py”, line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.12/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py”, line 754, in run
File “Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.py”, line 74, in Odrive_Mac_Master_Build.src.odrive_app.controllers.MountController.MountController._initialize_mount (/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.c:3112)
File “Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.py”, line 77, in Odrive_Mac_Master_Build.src.odrive_app.controllers.MountController.MountController._scan_and_refresh_mount (/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.c:3269)
File “Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.py”, line 133, in Odrive_Mac_Master_Build.src.odrive_app.controllers.MountController.MountController._scan_mount (/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.c:5531)
File “Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.py”, line 139, in Odrive_Mac_Master_Build.src.odrive_app.controllers.MountController.MountController._scan_folder (/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.c:5782)
File “Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.py”, line 184, in Odrive_Mac_Master_Build.src.odrive_app.controllers.MountController.MountController.__scan_folder (/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.c:7087)
File “Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.py”, line 139, in Odrive_Mac_Master_Build.src.odrive_app.controllers.MountController.MountController._scan_folder (/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.c:5782)
File “Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.py”, line 160, in Odrive_Mac_Master_Build.src.odrive_app.controllers.MountController.MountController.__scan_folder (/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/build/src/odrive_app/controllers/MountController.c:6460)
AttributeError: ‘list’ object has no attribute ‘itervalues’

Thanks @filmjungle,
I can’t quite tell what the issue is here, so the swiftest way to resolve is probably to perform a reinstall and start out fresh.

Can you follow the instructions here, install odrive again, login and then see if you are able to successfully run odrive after that?

Thanks, it’s worked, I reinstall odrive, and it run. But I try to sync the unfinished folder, and the sync didn’t continued the upload. I try to unsync the folder, and a new window came two button delete the original files (why try it delete my files???) or cancel. After this the odrive freeze out, the computer slowed down,I restart the computer and the odrive won’t start again.

Hi @filmjungle,
Can you run the same commands for me again, that you did before? I would like to see if it is the same issue: oDrive stoped, and won't start

In the morning I restart my computer, and the odrive looks run again, but it didn’t resume the unfinished folder sync. In that folder there is more than 4000 mov file, and odrive sync less than a half of that files. I click on sync again and again but didn’t sync more files.

Hi @filmjungle,
Are you trying to upload these files or download them to your computer?
Can you send over a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu?

Hi, I try to upload (download set to nothing) those files. I sent diagnostic from the tray menu.

Looking at the diagnostic I do not see anything obviously wrong.

Can you give me an example path and filename for a file that is not syncing?

If you add a new test file into on of your odrive folders, does it upload?

I copy a png image to the folder, and didn’t sync it.
The files are in an external disk (USB3.0 dock).
thu_1/BUDAPEST_VADON/BUD06TZS_TAPEMOV/BUD06TZSXLH1TAPECOPY048_0084.mov

Thanks @filmjungle,
Can you perform a right-click->refresh on that folder and then send over another diagnostic?

If the refresh doesn’t kick anything off, can you also try restarting odrive please? Once you restart, wait about 15 minutes and then send one more diagnostic.

Thanks!

Right click, refresh, send diagnostic OK.
After click refresh, the sync blink, and a second later now again the blue tick.
Now I quit, and try to restart odrive, but it won’t start again. Double click on, the logo on the tray, and after few second it gone from the tray.

I think something with the USB disk/dock is causing an issue here, but I can’t tell what it is.

If you detach the disk from your computer, will odrive startup?
If so, if you then attach the disk again, after odrive is running, and click on its mapping in the “sync to odrive” section of the odrive tray menu, does it open up that folder?