Odrive Scanning Pause Button?

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
If odrive is busy in that folder, you will not see some options. Instead you will see a “stop” option. This means odrive is actively working on that folder, so it needs to stop, or be stopped, before you can tell it to unsync. You can also disable auto-sync in the top of the odrive menu to stop things, as well, but still be able to manually sync and unsync.

Do you see “stop”, or do you mean you don’t see any odrive options when right-clicking on a folder?

Not just one folder or one file. I tried different folders and files. I don’t see “stop.” I meant I don’t see any Odrive options. Of course, this is not my first time of having this problem, and I had seen the options after this problem in the past. I was just wondering what could be causing that.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
It can happen if odrive is busy. It shouldn’t be too common, but it depends on the level of “busyness”, speed of the computer, what else is going on, etc…

The next version we put out (hopefully really soon), should improve this a bit and will have the ability to stop all background scanning activity, which should provide some mitigation to this particular issue.

Okay. Thanks so much for the detailed explanations so far from which I had learnt a lot, as I had really increase in knowledge of how Odrive is working.

I will wait till the Odrive options start showing after right-clicking.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi @Tony,

Thanks a lot so far.

I had been able to Unsync many files but some folders and files were returning error message of read only as a result of which couldn’t be Unsynced. I tried to modify the folders properties by unchecking the read only option under the general property but didn’t know why the change didn’t take effect after applying the change and clicking OK.

Secondly, I was getting some “Not Allowed” files with “.nomedia” kind of ending and after clicking on them, I got the kind of pop message as shown in the attached screenshot. I tried to look up the files in the folder path shown in the pop message but I couldn’t find them.

Capture

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
For the read-only issue, we have seen this a few times.

If the method you described above isn’t working, you can try a work around using the attrib command, as explained in this Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/326549/you-cannot-view-or-change-the-read-only-or-the-system-attributes-of-fo

The not allowed error you are seeing is showing that a remote file cannot be synced down to the local system. The reason is because it has a leading space in the name (there is a space before the ( character). These nomedia files appear to be files that are used to prevent scanning by some media players: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/5261/how-to-exclude-certain-folders-from-getting-scanned-by-music-player