Odrive on Web - Need to Sort by Folder/File Name/Date/Size/Type

Aside from working with & viewing folders and file content via the desktop client and file explorer, where you can easily organize & sort them by name, date, size & type, why can’t we do the same Sorting in Odrive’s web interface? There is no Sort function available, not even by clicking on the Name, Type, or Modified headers.

Please enhance or fix your Odrive online web interface by adding the all important for searches & organizationally necessary for file management Sort function.

9 Likes

No love… huh?

Several other Odrive Web users, and maybe there’re more out there, have felt the same frustrations and uselessness due to the lack of basic folder and file name alphabetic sorting, and requested for the same fix and improvements. But, we haven’t seen nor heard of any commitments or sense of urgency to get this basic necessity done. What gives?

I have Odrive Windows desktop client installed on my few desktops & laptops. Great! But, there are also numerous occasions and reasons why I can’t install the Odrive desktop application on other PC’s that I use or don’t own. So, I have to resort to accessing all my wonderful cloud storage goodness centrally via Odrive’s Web access. Great! But, when I try to look for certain needed files or folders amongst hundreds and even thousands, carefully and slowly scrolling up and down so as to not miss that one needle in the cloudstack, it becomes more tedious and cumbersome and frustrating than it’s worth, especially when searching for multiple files at a time and for work.

It just at times makes me want to throw my hands up and go back and login to each of the individual cloud services’ online web access, because their web UI automatically have the folders and file names alphabetically sorted (along with the capability to sort by date, size and type too). Of course, then this becomes self-defeating in attempting to capitalize on the advantage of consolidating and efficiently using one cloud service to manage all cloud storage services and cumulus data on all computers, rather than just being satisfied working with it on some computers one uses.

Unfortunately, because this basic necessity, expectation and convenience to alphabetically sort by folder and file name is non-existent in the Odrive Web UI, compared to other means and services, I can’t whole-heartedly recommend Odrive service to everyone I know and work with, if I want to remain their friend.

Or, at least, until this is fixed, or its usability is improved upon.
Let us know… Looking forward to it hopefully soon…

And thanks for all the fish !!!

1 Like

Apologies. These threads are seen, but sometimes they are not responded to in the midst of everything else going on.

Appreciate the feedback and the issue is understood. This is something on our list to address.

4 Likes

Great !
I await with bated breath.

1 Like

was just about to ask about this, thankfully its no the list :smiley:
would love to give out photos with odrive that isnt scrambled all over the place for customers.

1 Like

Time to sublimely chime in once more…
Uh, before being able to Sort by Size, we need a Size column in the Odrive online web interface, like in Windows File Explorer, but with the added capability to see the used storage space of each of the Folders too, and not just only the size of Files.
This would be nice to add too. Helps in storage management and in determining whether to sync or download or not, especially if it’s big.

Additionally, there’s a problem with the Odrive web in handling and displaying Files with long Filenames.
If the Filename is too long, it will run right over the Date and Type info on the same line, making the mess unreadable.

Suggestion: The Filename can be placed on a separate line, like line #1, and the Date and Type (and Size) info be placed on line #2.
Or, the Filename can be wordwrapped onto multiple lines before it crosses into the Date and Type (and Size) info columns.
Or, each of the Header columns width can be dragged-to-scale to fit whatever the user desires to see, with the Filename, Date, Type (& Size) info all on one line.
And/Or, hover the mouse over the Filename to see the full name of the File.

I hope these helpful improvements will see the light of day soon and spread happiness to Odrive’s online users and expand Odrive’s universe.
THX!!38

1 Like

Aaahhh, Folder/Filename Alphabetic Sorting is still not here yet, even after Web Release (08-03-2016).

I thought it would be simple & quick to add the Sorting enhancement to the odrive Web.
How much longer should I bate my breath?
As well as waiting to tell more of my family, relatives, friends and co-workers about odrive’s complete user-friendly web & desktop cloud storage solution.

Alas, still not remedied after Web Release (08-11-2016).

I really don’t understand why something so fundamental, practical and user-friendly is not being implemented here, when all the other cloud storage services have Folder and File Name Alphanumeric Sorting ON automatically, and are capable of Sorting on all fields/headers with one click as well. Is it not easy to do?

It’s the one piece of half of the puzzle (the online web-based half) that’s preventing me, like gwizeman, from fully recommending odrive to everyone I know, including my techy retail customers.
I guess I’ll cease to bate my breath for now…

We will post here when this is worked on. We understand the value, but there are many other things on our plate at the moment, and our priority is generally focused on the desktop client. This is still important, to be sure, but with a finite number of resources we need to prioritize other things first.

I am actually interested in the use cases here. How are you using the web client? Do you use it more than the desktop client? In what scenarios are you opting for web client access and how common are those scenarios?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’d like to be able to sort the directories I am looking at in odrive. In Amazon or OpenDrive I have the ability to sort each directory however I want. I can do it by filename/directory name, date, size, etc. etc.

When I come to odrive, I don’t have that ability. Opendrive is sorted alphabetically, but Amazon I have no clue how it’s done. I need to do a CTRL F to find files or directories in some cases.

3 Likes

Hi! It’s been a while and just checking in to see if there’s an ETA on when this will get done or at least get worked on. Some or most in my circle are on hold waiting for this web feature. For now, they still opt and prefer to use their respective cloud service web interface with automatic alphabetic file/folder name sorting, rather than odrive’s disorganized/random file/folder name listing. Sorting on the other fields is not as important as sorting on the name, especially for finding that one or group of files that you need.

Let us know hopefully soon. Appreciated!

4 Likes

c´mon guys, it’s time to add some basic (extremely basic) ui functionality on you web… I couldn’t imagine how this situation could happen in a service which its main target is to deal with files…

I’m a happy paid customer of oDrive desktop client, but at the same time, I’m a furious customer with your Web interface.
And I repeat: I can’t image how it’s posible you can not add a simple UI functionality as sorting a list of files. It’s the first thing you learn when you go for a programming course!

Please, please, please, please! Add a sort functionality and, if possible, a simple filter. It’s so terrible not having something so simple… pleeeease…

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Where is the odrive web interface?

Hello team,

You have wonderful 1 year ideas here…
Where are you in the Web UI coding for sorting?

Thanks for your work!
Regards,

• Ace

Our entire web interface is getting an overhaul and I’ve asked the product team to take a look at this for the next iterations.

Alright. I guess I will wait for it :wink:
Thanks

• Ace
1 Like

I’d like to add my vote for just simply (and immediately) adding the ability to sort by different column headings. Or even just hard-code it to sort by name with folders first, like a standard list view on a desktop. All of my folders, as I’m sure others’ folders are, are organized in a way that’s easy to browse and navigate. The order they show up on the Odrive web interface is so random-looking and frustratingly disorienting relative to what my google drive web interface looks like, it makes me want to just stop using Odrive until it’s fixed.

I use the desktop and web interfaces somewhat evenly, so to me it matters that the web interface is easy to use.

Hi there,

Is there any way to filter the files/folders by name in Web Preview? At the moment everything is out of order which makes it less useful.

Hi @smblythe,
This isn’t currently available but the product team is aware of the request and the next-generation web client looks like it will have these capabilities.

Hey Tony, thanks for the reply :slight_smile: That’s good to know.