Odrive on mac putting everything into trash

Trying to sync to Google drive and Onedrive - odrive is moving a lot of files to the trash when it tries to sync.
The latest list of files includes .cloud files (which are unsync’d files, so not sure why these are being trashed?)
Usually though the trash is 700-800 files - why are these in the trash since I havn’t deleted them?

Cheers.

Hi @tequilaflame,

This is pretty strange, would you like elaborate to how you are syncing your files?

1. Are you moving your files between Google Drive and OneDrive?
  2. Are you moving files from odrive folder to any other location in your OS?
  3. Is there any particular time / scenario when you see new files added into odrive trash, please write down the steps.
  4. Is there any file duplication between your desktop and source (e.g. Google Drive / OneDrive)?

Would you like to send diagnostic report from your tray menu and let me know the OS username and time of report. I’ll take a look at it.

Thanks,
Asif

This is my problem too…

For moving files between sources, the recommended approach is to:

1. right-click sync everything from the source
  2. wait until everything is synchronized locally (nothing in waiting or not allowed)
  3. drag-drop the synchronized files from source folder to target storage
  4. wait until the files are fully synchronized in the new location

This will delete the files from source as they are moved to target. It is very important to finish each step. Depending on the amount of data involved, it can take a long time to chug through all the IO. If files are moved before full synchronization, some files will end in trash. In this case, if you give odrive some more time to process, it will sort out confusion automatically. It will NEVER delete a file from source if you don’t empty trash.

Automating the procedure for migrating between sources is on our list of enhancements.

Hi,
I’m not moving files between my cloud systems - this is just plain syncing between OneDrive and the mac…
The odrive is setup on an SD Disk, but it is fixed, ie it is never removed from the system
I sent the diagnostics at 11:11pm tonight, username Max Tocker
Cheers.

Hi @tequilaflame,

Thanks for sending out the diagnostic report, it seems like due to an unknown reason these files are deleted from your desktop. I haven’t come across with any unusual traces in logs =( so I’ll forward this to our engineering team for further investigation.

Most of the trashed files belongs to /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/Orchestral Kit/, is there any other player / app accessing this path or any operation you have performed other than sync to this path which could have caused the unwanted deletion?

I would recommend you to unsync “Orchestral Kit” folder --> re-launch odrive app --> re-sync “Orchestral Kit” folder, which should clear 99.9% of the files from your trash list and hopefully from “Waiting” list as well (Item not found errors)

Thanks,
Asif

Just to confirm, are those files in trash actually missing from the local drive?

that seemed to fix the problem. I will try and sync some of the other folders I had trouble with and see how they go.
Cheers.

1 Like

Glad to know, things are sorted out.

Yes, please let us know if you again experience any unwanted deletion of files from your odrive folder. Previously, we have notice some players or native apps may also lead to such deletions.

Please make sure to confirm file appearing in Trash list is also not available in your odrive folder.

Thanks,
Asif

This sounds like exactly the problem that I was having a few months ago:

I also was not moving any files or anything—just syncing. I never figured out why it was doing that.

Hi @nikolaus.wittenstein,

Thanks for bringing this into our attention, have you experienced the same issue again after your last post (Mar 29) in given thread?

Thanks,
Asif

In this particular case, I believe the behavior seen was part of the interaction with the application using these .concert package files (Mainstage).

Mainstage files can apparently be very complex. The content in them can also change drastically and often. I was investigating this a little bit yesterday and there are functions “consolidate” and “cleanup”, which can significantly change the structure of the package file.

From what I was looking at yesterday, it looked like the app was rapidly adding and removing assets from the Samples folder. This isn’t necessarily a problem, but it can create confusion because users are not normally exposed to the inner workings of the application’s interaction with its package files. With odrive, and its safeguards against inadvertent deletes, you are suddenly given visibility into all these file manipulations.

In this case, if you are working on complex application files I would recommend stopping sync until the work is done. Once done, enable sync and everything will go up without catching all of the intermittent states that can happen during editing.

I actually stopped using Odrive after that post because I didn’t have time to look into it and I was afraid it was destroying my Google Drive. Now I’m seeing a different problem that I’ve also seen before, where Odrive has over 1000 files in its own trash. Is there any way to see what these files are (other than just the name) and investigate why it deleted them? I certainly haven’t deleted any files—I use my Google Drive for storage of old photos.

Hi,
Can you send off a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu and I can take a look?

Thanks!

Sent! Thanks so much!

So I am still getting files appearing in the trash randomly - it seems that If odrive is trying to sync too many at once it puts files in the trash, but they don’t actually get syn’d to the disk. If I unsync then resync that particular folder it sorts itself out.
It may be an OSX issue, because I have exactly the same cloud drives syncing to my windows pc without any issues.
What would be really useful is to be able to see the odrive log, and reasons why it couldn’t sync particular files.
Cheers.

Hi Tony,
Yes the mainstage files are pretty complicated - but in this case I havn’t actually been using the files at all - just trying to sync them. No other programs are opening the file - I think odrive is trying to update the folder structure during syncing.
cheers.

Hmm… okay.

Are you finding that the same files keep getting deleted? If so we may be able to monitor the path for changes and detect what, when, and where these deletes are happening. Could help us narrow down what’s going on.

Here is an example of how it can be done. This requires going into the OS X terminal and running a command like this:

sudo fs_usage -f pathname -e fseventsd FinderSyncExtension | grep ‘/odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/Orchestral Kit/.*wav’ | grep ‘unlink|rename|lstat64’

In this example we would look for any ‘.wav’ files being touched inside the /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/Orchestral Kit/ folder. You can test the output by doing something to one of the files in there. You should see the actions listed in the terminal.

Want to give it a shot?

I tried that but there was no activity in that folder. What I did find is that the disk is very corrupted, which may explain some of the problems. I suspect that all the unsyncing and syncing going on with odrive has corrupted a lot of the files. Here is just a sample of the problems detected

Have you had issues with odrive on a mac running on an SD disk before? This seems to be a pretty serious problem!

Found an unexpected critical primary directory entry in /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 1/Spam K1 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S09 6.LADY OF THE LAKE/28 Harp
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S09 8. SONG THAT GOES LIKE THIS/38 Orchestral Strings/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98344)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S09 8. SONG THAT GOES LIKE THIS/39 Orchestral Strings (loco+8vb) + Cym Roll/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98345)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S12 12. ALL FOR ONE/48 Orchestral Strings (loco +8vb)/001 Orchestral Strings.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98394)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S12 12. ALL FOR ONE/48 Orchestral Strings (loco +8vb)/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98395)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S12 12. ALL FOR ONE/50 Moog/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98414)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S12 12. ALL FOR ONE/53 Eighties Electric/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98430)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S12 12. ALL FOR ONE/53 Eighties Electric/base.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98431)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S12 12. ALL FOR ONE/56 Orchestral Strings (loco +8vb)/base.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98448)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S12 12. ALL FOR ONE/57 Brass Ensemble/001 Brass Ensemble.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98449)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S16 14A. IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL/76 Hammond Organ/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (98546)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S16 14A. IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL/80 Accordion/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100039)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S16 14A. IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL/80 Accordion/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (99462)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S16 14A. IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL/81 French Accordion/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100056)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S16 14A. IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL/81 French Accordion/002 Polka Accordion.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100057)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S16 14A. IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL/79 Pedal Steel/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100038)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 1 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S17 14B. THE RABBIT/Rotary Vibraphone/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100067)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/04 Flute Staccato/001 Flute Staccato.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100260)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/07 String Ensemble Trill/base.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100287)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/07 String Ensemble Trill/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100288)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/11 Orchestral Strings/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100311)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/12 Flute/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100312)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/15 Orchestral Strings (3 OCt)/1__#$!@%!#001 Orchestral Strings.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100329)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/16 Pizz Strings (3 Oct)/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100349)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/16 Pizz Strings (3 Oct)/001 String Ensemble Pizzicato.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100350)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/17 Orchestral Strings (3 OCt)/003 Orchestral Strings.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100358)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S03 18. BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE/18 String Ensemble Pizzicato/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100369)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S07 20. YOU WONT SUCCEED ON BROADWAY/34 String Ensemble Pizzicato/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100454)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S07 20. YOU WONT SUCCEED ON BROADWAY/38 Polka Accordion/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100485)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S07 20. YOU WONT SUCCEED ON BROADWAY/40 Orchestral Strings/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100502)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S07 20. YOU WONT SUCCEED ON BROADWAY/42 Polka Accordion/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100514)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S08 20A. BROADWAY PLAYOFF/46 Polka Accordion/base.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100541)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S09 21.WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PART/50 Marcato Strings/002 String Ensemble Staccato.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100569)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S09 21.WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PART/51 Marcato Strings (loco +8vb)/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100588)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S09 21.WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PART/55 Trombone + Strings (3 oct)/1
#$!@%!#__001 Orchestral Strings.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100614)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S10 22. WHERE ARE YOU/60 Trem Strings/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100656)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S16 24. HIS NAME IS LANCELOT/76 Beach Bells/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100760)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S19 26 SONG THAT GOES LIKE THIS REPRISE/90 Orchestral Strings/base.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100816)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S19 26 SONG THAT GOES LIKE THIS REPRISE/90 Orchestral Strings/001 Orchestral Strings.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100817)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S19 26 SONG THAT GOES LIKE THIS REPRISE/91 String Ensemble Tremolo/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100830)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S19 26 SONG THAT GOES LIKE THIS REPRISE/91 String Ensemble Tremolo/001 String Ensemble Tremolo.cst overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100829)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S20 27. COCONANIGANS/98 Orchestral Strings (3 Oct)/base.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100861)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S20 27. COCONANIGANS/98 Orchestral Strings (3 Oct)/uidata.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100860)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S20 27. COCONANIGANS/102 Orchestral Strings/mappings.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100888)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S27 29B. FINALE PART 3/119 Gospel Organ/base.plistZ overlaps a previously allocated cluster (100990)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/BClar/31_bCn_viv_modVib/BsClrStcF.17.wav overlaps a previously allocated cluster (101180)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/BClar/31_bCn_viv_modVib/BsClrStcF.17.wav has too few clusters for its size
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/BClar/31_bCn_viv_modVib/BsClrStcF.04.wav overlaps a previously allocated cluster (101233)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/BClar/31_bCn_viv_modVib/BsClrStcF.04.wav has too few clusters for its size
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/BClar/31_bCn_viv_modVib/BsClrStcF.19.wav overlaps a previously allocated cluster (101195)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/BClar/31_bCn_viv_modVib/BsClrStcF.19.wav has too few clusters for its size
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/BClar/31_bCn_viv_modVib/BsClrF.03.wav overlaps a previously allocated cluster (101389)
Cluster chain for /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 2/Spam K2 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Samples/BClar/31_bCn_viv_modVib/BsClrF.03.wav has too few clusters for its size
Found directory entry beyond end of directory in /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 3/Spam K3 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S07 20. YOU WON’T SUCCEED/21 Strings
Found an unexpected secondary directory entry in %1$@
Found directory entry beyond end of directory in /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 3/Spam K3 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S07 20. YOU WON’T SUCCEED/26 String Ensemble Pizzicato
Found directory entry beyond end of directory in /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 3/Spam K3 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S10 22A. WHERE ARE YOU #2/32 String Trill
Found an unexpected critical primary directory entry in /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 3/Spam K3 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S10 22A. WHERE ARE YOU #2/32 String Trill
Found an unexpected critical primary directory entry in /odrive/OneDrive/Documents/SPAMALOT Keyboard Patches/Key 3/Spam K3 Act 2 FINAL.concert/Nodes/S10 22A. WHERE ARE YOU #2/32 String Trill
Checking active bitmap
The bitmap needs to be repaired
Rechecking main boot region
Rechecking alternate boot region
The volume Data was found corrupt and needs to be repaired
File system check exit code is 1
Error: -69845: File system verify or repair failed
Underlying error: 1: POSIX reports: Operation not permitted

Hi @tequilaflame,
odrive sync and unsync operations are just standard filesystem operations (file creates and file unlinks at the OS level). Being as such, there isn’t anything odrive can do to directly influence the disk cluster allocation. This has to do with how the physical disk space is allocated, which is a very low-level operation, far below the application layer.

This actually makes a lot of sense now. Our diagnostic report also showed no actual filesystem delete when we detected that the files were gone (which is when they go in the odrive trash). They simply ceased to be there anymore, which is exactly what would happen if the sectors could no longer be read. It was something we’ve not seen before in a diagnostic.

A more likely explanation is that the files appearing in the odrive trash were a result of a bad/failing disk, which is what the data above is indicating.

When you say “SD disk”, do you mean that this is a removable SD (secure digital) card, or that this is an SSD (solid state drive)?

SD cards are a notoriously prone to corruption. Reliability varies wildly, depending on the manufacturing and even the best manufacturing is going to put reliability of SD cards far below hard drives. They also have a more limited number of read/write cycles before things start going sideways. Because of this, elevated filesystem activity will greatly increase the likelihood of encountering an SD card failure. It is really just a matter of time. Disk activity essentially “eats” away at the life of the disk.

odrive will use the filesystem heavily when it is actively syncing or scanning. This is one of the reasons - among several - that we do not officially support moving the odrive folder to an external volume: https://www.odrive.com/usageguide#moveodrivefolder

My strong recommendation is to put the odrive folder on a directly attached hard drive to ensure optimal performance. If disk space is an issue you can make use of placeholders to reduce disk use.