Odrive not syncing gdrive files & folders shared with me

Odrive is not syncing all gdrive files & folders shared with me.

• I am the owner of the main folder in gdrive,

• I then shared with someone at work,

• They have then created new files and folders (in my folder, thus also shared with me (she also shared manually with me to be sure in (web) gdrive))

• Odrive refuses to see or sync these files locally:
    https://gyazo.com/35d6da20569f2769fc8b928d78e3e45f

• However odrive can clearly see the files itself in web version:
    https://gyazo.com/db80a73cb204d9bdbb88b5d5f7021863

• During testing, I created a “Test” folder, this was picked up instantly without prompting by odrive.

• Also pulled in 5 other folders from the folder above this one, to test whether they would sync, they did.

• Appears to be something with permissions, like a bug with odrive syncing folders that have been shared with me, but I’m not the owner of.

• Although ^ seems best explanation, either contradicted by, or does not apply to files (one word doc in there I was not the owner of was synced fine)

• Repeated refreshes and syncs do nothing.

• Thought might be as beginning of this folder now begins with “__” however other similarly named folders are fine, and test docs & files I make are fine and sync without prompting.

• Files are just simple word docs, & so very small.

• ^ Attached Screenshots & Preemptively sending diagnostics report on the chance you would like to see it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hi @fizzlefraser,
It is the “:” character in the names. That is a character that is not allowed in file/folder names in Windows. If that is removed those items should show up.

1 Like

Tony, you absolute legend. Nailed it one.

Can’t believe I didn’t spot the special characters >.<

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

These ones can be tricky to spot sometimes. We plan to do a better job of exposing this to the user in the future, as well, so it doesn’t require extra work on your part.

Glad you are good to go now!

1 Like