Odrive not launching at all on MacOS Sierra 10.12.1

Hi there! I have been running into an issue where odrive desktop doesn’t even launch. Been reinstalling and restarting the computer but it is still not working.

I’m running the newest odrive on MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 MacBook Pro Retina 13" 2015

Thanks

1 Like

Weirdly enough its working now after I clicked on an unsynced folder. This caused odrive to start launching and its up and running!

Thanks for the update @alex4. When you exit odrive is it still able to start-up normally?

Hi Tony! I don’t seem to be able to launch odrive by clicking on the app icon either in Spotlight or in the applications folder. The only way it works for me now is to launch progressive sync by clicking on a synced folder.

Thanks @alex4,

Can you run this command from a terminal session and let me know what spits out?
"/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive" -v

It seems like our launcher is not working for you, but the main app is.

@tony,

I\m having a similar problem on Sierra 10.12.1. The application stopped working. I took the following steps

• uninstall odrive
  • downloaded version 6110 from the website
  • rebooted my macbook
  • installed version 6110

the application doesn’t seem to start (the verbose option states otherwise), nothing in dock or in menubar, no functions available on right-click.

Any ideas?

sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string; sysctl -n hw.model; uname -a;
Intel® Core™ i7-4870HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
MacBookPro11,3
Darwin Blackhole.local 16.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.1.0: Thu Oct 13 21:26:57 PDT 2016; root:xnu-3789.21.3~60/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

“/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive” -v
Starting launcher with verbose output…
No product argument was passed in. Attempting to find product.conf…
Using path /Applications/odrive.app/Contents/Resources/product.conf…
Using /Users/patrick/.odrive as the installed folder path…
Attempting to mark the installed folder path as hidden…
Writing the product.conf file at /Users/patrick/.odrive…
Reading the version number from the version file…
Attempting to read systemAlertRoom from config…
Setting up diagnostics for buildNo: 6110, productName: prod, systemAlertRoom: 1358891
Creating launcher object…
Checking if another odrive process is running again to reduce the chances of a race condition…
Launching…
Got OSError exception [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 177, in main
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.odrive_app.Launcher”, line 167, in launch
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.odrive_app.Launcher”, line 98, in _launch_app
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess”, line 711, in init
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess”, line 1343, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Could not launch, which means the app is already running

Regards,
Patrick

Hi @patrick,
It looks like the bin folder may be missing or have a problem. Try running this command from a terminal session:

killall -KILL odrive; killall -KILL FinderSyncExtension; sleep 5; cd "$HOME"; rm -r ".odrive/bin"; rm ".odrive/version"; open "/Applications/odrive.app"

This will reset the bin folder and re-run odrive. Hopefully this will clear out the issue.

Tony, the command produced the following output, but the application icon appeared in the menubar again and synchronisation started again… Thanks!

killall -KILL odrive; killall -KILL FinderSyncExtension; sleep 5; cd “$HOME”; rm -r “.odrive/bin”; rm “.odrive/version”; open "/Applications/odrive.app"
No matching processes belonging to you were found

Great! The output just indicates that odrive was not running at the time the command was run, which is fine.

Hi Tony,

I have been using my workaround but after using your command:

killall -KILL odrive; killall -KILL FinderSyncExtension; sleep 5; cd “$HOME”; rm -r “.odrive/bin”; rm “.odrive/version”; open “/Applications/odrive.app”

Nothing is working now. I get a message like this: This application ‘odrive’ cannot be opened

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi @alex4,
I would need to take a look at the output of:
"/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive" -v

It sounds like this (the app launcher) is not working.

Hi Tony,

This is the output:

Using /Users/alex/.odrive as the installed folder path…
Writing the product.conf file at /Users/alex/.odrive…
Setting up diagnostics for buildNo: 6110, productName: prod, systemAlertRoom: 1358891
Checking if another odrive process is running again to reduce the chances of a race condition…
Launching…
Got OSError exception [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 177, in main
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.odrive_app.Launcher”, line 167, in launch
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.odrive_app.Launcher”, line 98, in _launch_app
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess”, line 711, in init
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Launcher/output/artifacts/build/odrive/MacOdrive/out00-PYZ.pyz/subprocess”, line 1343, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Could not launch, which means the app is already running

Hmm… it certainly seems like the same thing. Let’s try this:

1. Open a terminal session (type “terminal” in Spotlight search):

2. Run the following command in the terminal session (copy & paste + Enter):

killall -KILL odrive; killall -KILL FinderSyncExtension; sleep 5; cd "$HOME"; rm -r ".odrive/bin"; rm ".odrive/version"; "/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive" -v

Can you show me the output of that if it doesn’t work?

Hi Tony,

I think it fixed the issue!

Last login: Wed Dec 14 22:38:59 on ttys000
Alexanders-MacBook-Pro:~ alex$ killall -KILL odrive; killall -KILL FinderSyncExtension; sleep 5; cd “$HOME”; rm -r “.odrive/bin”; rm “.odrive/version”; “/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive” -v
Using /Users/alex/.odrive as the installed folder path…
Writing the product.conf file at /Users/alex/.odrive…
Launching…
Launch succeeded!
Alexanders-MacBook-Pro:~ alex$

Looks good! Thanks for sticking it out.

Thanks Tony for taking your time and helping us out! It’s working now. Really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

Alex

1 Like