oDrive File Server documentation?

Hi,

Is there any “File Server” documentation? I go to https://www.odrive.com/links/fileserver and click “Link” which then prompts me to enter information about my file server.

What is behind the URL or what is listening on port 4433? Is there an oDrive component to install on my file server that I haven’t found yet?

My file server is running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard with Windows Server Essentials add-ons.

I’m guessing that I need to install oDrive client on the file server - that listens on 4433. If this is the case, then I assume all file syncs go via your servers as the linking process is in the cloud and therefore won’t be able to “see” my server’s private IP:

File Server <-- sync --> oDrive Cloud <-- sync --> Client PC

Is there any data retained on your servers?

Thanks.

W.

Hi,
We’ve paused development on the odrive file server indefinitely. We’ve done this so we can concentrate on existing services that can be used in replacement of the odrive file server, like WebDAV, SFTP, and FTP.

Since you are running Windows 2012R2, I would recommend WebDAV for the integration. You can install it for free as part of IIS. odrive can connect with WebDAV servers to give users the same sync experience they would get when using the odrive file server.

Let me know if you would like more information on this.

Thanks!

Assuming it is still accurate that odrive file server is not a real thing, I would suggest removing it from the offered storage options to avoid confusion. or at least putting a “(Coming Soon)” next to it. I spent several minutes hunting for where I could download it before landing on this forum via a Google search.

Sorry for the confusion. We have the link in there because there are still legacy users using the odrive File Server. A change in the verbiage on the odrive file server page to reflect the current situation is a good idea.

Tony,

Hi I am looking for a replacement for our current solution which also integrates with our file server, so you are saying you will not support Odrive integration. WebDAV is not that secure so I would prefer some kind of proxy in the DMZ?

Thanks

Keith

Hi @keith_bucknall,
We are no longer developing the odrive file server. What are your concerns about WebDAV? What about SFTP?

What is the scale you are building for?