Odrive app won't start on osx el capitan

I downloaded and installed odrivesync.5697 11-33-11-915.dmg from the email sent to me by odrive. The app installs but when I click on it in my applications folder nothing happens.

I looked in my computers console and I see this error

8/28/16 11:43:11.783 AM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.oxygen.odriveapp.214432[702]) Service exited with abnormal code: 255

Can you tell me what version of El Capitan is running?

Can you also try running this command from the terminal and let me know what it spits out?
"/Applications/odrive.app/Contents/MacOS/odrive" -v

Thanks!

Its version 10.11.6 (15G31) of El Capitan. I ran that command and it spit out this

Starting launcher with verbose output…
No product argument was passed in. Attempting to find product.conf…
Using path /Applications/odrive.app/Contents/Resources/product.conf…
Using /Users/vfaller/.odrive as the installed folder path…
Attempting to mark the installed folder path as hidden…
Writing the product.conf file at /Users/vfaller/.odrive…
Reading the version number from the version file…
Attempting to read systemAlertRoom from config…
Setting up diagnostics for buildNo: 5697, productName: prod, systemAlertRoom: 1358891
Creating launcher object…
Checking if another odrive process is running again to reduce the chances of a race condition…
Launching…
Launch succeeded!

Thanks. It looks like the launcher is working correctly, so we need to test the app binary. Can you run this now?

"$(ls -d "$HOME/.odrive/bin/"*/ | tail -1)/odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/odriveapp"

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 51, in
File “”, line 48, in main
File “”, line 27, in launchDesktopApp
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/sandbox/src/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyi_importers.py”, line 270, in load_module
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.odrive_app.OdriveDesktopApp”, line 24, in
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/sandbox/src/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyi_importers.py”, line 270, in load_module
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.file_system_sync9.FileSystemService”, line 16, in
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.utility.mac_os_util.MacOSUtil”, line 53, in init
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/ctypes”, line 440, in LoadLibrary
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/ctypes”, line 362, in init
OSError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/libCoreFoundation.dylib, 6): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libboost_system-mt.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libCoreFoundation.dylib
Reason: image not found

This is very strange.
Let’s try a reinstall to see if there way something messed up during install.

You can run this command from the terminal to clear everything out:

cd "$HOME" && rm -r ".odrive" && killall Finder;mv "odrive" "odrive_$(date +%Y-%m-%d:%H:%M:%S)";cd "/Applications" && sudo rm -r "odrive.app";cd "/Library/Application Support" && sudo rm -r "odrive";

This will:
delete ~/.odrive
restart Finder
rename ~/odrive, if it exists
delete /Applications/odrive.app
delete /Library/Application Support/odrive

Then download the latest version and install:
https://www.odrive.com/downloaddesktop?platform=mac

Still didn’t work. So I noticed that the stack trace from the command below shows this “Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libboost_system-mt.dylib”

“$(ls -d “$HOME/.odrive/bin/”*/ | tail -1)/odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/odriveapp”

So I installed boost using homebrew, and I re ran

“$(ls -d “$HOME/.odrive/bin/”*/ | tail -1)/odriveapp.app/Contents/MacOS/odriveapp”

and now I am getting

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 51, in
File “”, line 48, in main
File “”, line 27, in launchDesktopApp
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.odrive_app.OdriveDesktopApp”, line 24, in
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.file_system_sync9.FileSystemService”, line 16, in
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/src.utility.mac_os_util.MacOSUtil”, line 53, in init
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/ctypes”, line 440, in LoadLibrary
File “/Users/admin/hudson/workspace/Odrive_Mac_Master_Build/deploy/output/artifacts/build/odriveapp/MacOdriveApp/out00-PYZ.pyz/ctypes”, line 362, in init
OSError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/libCoreFoundation.dylib, 6): Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/curl/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libCoreFoundation.dylib

This is so strange. I’ve never seen another case of it.

We are currently using pyinstaller to create a static binary. It should be referencing our own included libs, (we are theoretically forcing it to), but on your system it appears that the system paths are overriding this somehow.

We are actually in the process of removing pyinstaller as part of our effort to make odrive compatible with Sierra. (It’s what I’ve been helping with most of the day, which is why I’m so tardy with this reply) We expect to have that available within the next week or so.

This should be fixed in our latest releases:
https://www.odrive.com/downloaddesktop?platform=mac