Need to clear "Waiting" list & stop getting "URGENT" msgs after moving files

I upgraded to the Premium version so I could leave my files in their original locations on my Mac vs copying them to the odrive.

When I first set that up for one of my Google Drive folders, all the Mac source folders/files were in a single Mac folder that I sync’d to that Google Drive folder. I set it up so I’m sync’ing the contents of ~/desktop/folderA/folderB/folderC which contains multiple subfolders with files to Google Drive/FolderC. That worked fine… but….

Then I realized I wanted my image/video files to remain in my photo storage folders they live in vs me copying them over into this other single Mac folder as a subfolder of FolderC. Using the Premium feature, I connected several of my local Mac folders from
~/photo storage/folderX to their corresponding folders in Google Drive/FolderC. That worked fine.

Since I had already used odrive to sync the same Google Drive/folderC/folderX to ~/desktop/folderA/folderB/folderC/folderX, I had to stop sync’ing that because I had now set it up so Google Drive/folderC/folderX was sync’ing with ~/photo storage/folderX.

Now …. I have a problem I can’t get rid of.
I have 128 files in my “Waiting” list and I keep getting urgent messages from odrive because they cannot be sync’d. These are the files that were under ~/desktop/folderA/folderB/folderC/folderX that I had stopped sync’ing. All of these files are now in a the Waiting list, and if I click on the filename it just says “Stopped” - which is true. But I do not want them to be able to sync. They are now being sync’d with the ~/photo storage/folderX location.

I do not see how to clear the Waiting list so odrive will stop trying to sync these files with this old location.
And, that means I keep getting urgent messages from odrive. Ack.

Can you help me fix this issue?
Thanks,
c-

Hi @cynthia,
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu so that we can take a closer look? That should help us to better understand the current state and see what steps you should take.

If you haven’t already, a quick restart of odrive could also clear things up, if these are just stale items.

Hi Tony,
Well, d’oh! I didn’t think I should quit odrive with this issue since I wasn’t sure if that would confuse it. But since you said to quit, I did and it fixed the problem. :wink: The waiting list is gone now. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:
cheers,
c-

1 Like

Great! Thanks for confirming @cynthia. We need to look at doing a better job of automatically cleaning up stale waiting entries.

1 Like