My Odrive Is Not Running!

Hello @Odrive,

I just realized that my Odrive is not running.

I think this might have started after my system updated 3 or 4 days ago. I have also updated my Odrive to the new version of 06-13-2020, I think 6608., and still not running after several clicking and running with administration.

Hi @awoobforknowledge,
Open up a command prompt by clicking on the Windows icon in the taskbar, typing “cmd”, and then clicking on “Command Prompt”.

Once the command prompt is open, copy and paste the following command in (all one line) and hit enter.:

powershell -command "&{$bin=$(ls -Dir \"$HOME\.odrive\bin\" | sort Name -desc | select -f 1).FullName; Start-Process -NoNewWindow \"$($bin)\odriveapp.exe\";}"

This will try to start the odriveapp application. Can you take a screenshot of what you see in the command prompt after doing this?

I took the action, however, the Odriveapp didn’t start yet. Here is what I saw in the command prompt:

HI @awoobforknowledge,
Unfortunately it looks like the local database is either missing or damaged. This means we’ll need to reinstall.

To do this, perform the following steps:

• Uninstall odrive using the instructions from How do I uninstall odrive? . Uninstall will rename the current odrive folder, as a backup. More on that below.
  • Install odrive again.
  • Once odrive is back up and running, make sure it is working properly.
  • When you uninstall odrive it will rename the current default odrive folder to a backup name. You will find this folder in your user home directory named odrive_[current date and time] .
  • Exit odrive after you verify it is now working
  • Rename the current odrive folder to odrive-bak
  • Rename the backup folder that the uninstall created ( the odrive_[current date and time] folder mentioned above) to just ‘odrive’.
  • Start odrive again

odrive will see the folder and process the content in it. If you have lots of content it could take a while for odrive to finish processing, but once it has you should then be able to proceed as normal.

If you had any “sync to odrive” folders, you will need to set those relationships up again by:

• Right-clicking on the local folder(s) you were using with “sync to odrive”
  • Selecting “sync to odrive”
  • Selecting the exact same remote folder you were using as the target, before.