Message 'Can't sync <folder>. Unexpected error. Please try again later.'

Hi,

I use odrive to sync Onedrive for business. It’s working great on one PC.
However, on another PC when I try to download the folder content by clicking ‘Sync’ and checking the ‘Include subfolders’ checkbox, I periodically get the message ‘Can’t sync . Unexpected error. Please try again later’. It’s very annoying since odrive is not retry to download the folder content for me later, so I have to click again on ‘Sync’… In this case there is about 8 GB data in the cloud. Almost 2 GB is downloaded now after I clicked ‘Sync’ for almost 100 times in 4 hours…

For your information: this second PC has Windows 10 installed, but is a little old (read: slow). Also, the internet connection this PC is connected to is a little slow.

Anyway, yesterday I have submitted a diagnostic report around 8.02 PM CET on 03/09/2016. Maybe it’s possible to determine what’s going on here and create a fix for it?

Isn’t it better to provide odrive with a setting which configures whether you want to download all the data offline or use progressive sync? The ‘Sync’ choice is a way to do it, but it seems to me that odrive is not remember this choice. It just syncs all the data offline when you choose this function, however if this process for whatever reason is interrupted, odrive is not retrying it. This means manual intervention which is not very user friendly.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jaap

Hi.

Right-click sync automatically retries; however, there is a high limit (failsafe) on failures and OD4B is apparently hitting it. We will double check the algorithm and see if it can be improved.

The ability to remember your sync preference is coming in PRO. You will be able to configure arbitrary preference for any folder. That should be available within a few weeks.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Odrive Error - Can’t Browse {Directory Name} Source File Unavailable

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t Browse {Directory Name} Source File Unavailable