Is there any way to unsync a file/folder in the free version?

faq

Hi @MRMatthew,
Unfortunately, I don’t have an eta to provide. The plans are tied to a whole slew of product changes, so we are waiting on that to complete.

This is a brilliant point. I would pay for the automatic unsync but since these are MY files and they’re coming from MY cloud storage, the ability to manually unsync should be something I can do.

At the very least, a one-time fee of a few dollars ($5?) as others have suggested, to “unlock” the ability to manually do anything that the premium does automatically is a pretty darn good compromise. If 1/3 of the people using ODrive paid a one-time $5, your shareholders would be very, very happy.

As someone else said, SAAS pricing is hard. But find ways to make me /want/ to support you, not put up a wall stiff enough that I invest time in finding an alternative solution. ODrive is what I want to use. Don’t make it hard for me to support you.

Thanks for the feedback @robertmerrill. Our hope is that the next generation product release will provide enough pricing flexibility to satisfy folks who don’t need all of the bells and whistles.

so more than a year later, @Tony anything new on this ?

Hi @netdriver,
We’ve quietly released mobile and web clients on the next generation platform (which requires a new login) at https://new.odrive.com. We are still working some things out, which is why we haven’t made a full announcement yet. Desktop clients are on their way.

so no new informations on this topic
unfortunately this beta thing seems neither appealing nor convincing atm

Hi,

I would have been glad to fincancially contribute to odrive but as for many users, the only paid feature I’m interested in is the unsync. The premium account is way too expansive for that.

So for the mac users, you can make an apple script as a service

• that takes a file as input,
  • gets the filename,
  • creates and empty file with the same name and a “.cloud” extension
  • deletes the original file

Call it unsync

Not tested a lot but it seems to work. For folders, a “.cloudf” extension is used

For linux, a basic shell script can do the same