HubiC storage provider?

I want also HubiC to appear in the odrive app :slight_smile: Please!! 10TB a month for 5€, there’s nothing cheaper in the cloud hosting companies

1 Like

Actually there is Alexandro. Amazon Cloud Drive have an unlimited plan that is $69 per year ($5,75 per month), is $0,75 more, but is unlimited (bigger than 10TB). And Amazon is a realy trustful company. Trusted by Netflix, Dropbox, Airbnb and many others. Odrive is compatible with Amazon Cloud Drive! :slight_smile:

Well, HubiC it’s also from a trusty comapny, OVH, largest European hosting company and one of the biggest in the world. I tried that one from Amazon, but I don’t like the structure :S

1 Like

Actually rafhob,
AmazonCloud Drive is not available in every country (like mine), so it will be great to have HubiC in odrive.
Thanks,
J.

1 Like

Jorge, Amazon Cloud Drive is not available in my country either. I’m from Brazil and my Amazon account was Brazilian. So i sent an email for Amazon asking to change my account for the US one. And now i’m using it normally.

+1 for HubiC, has been exceptional so far in the few months I’ve been using it.

+1 for hubiC - but: Maybe I will just switch to AmazonCloud Drive, hubic is not always 100% responsive.

I am using hubic like a redundant backup for my stuff, I am going to sign up for a storage VPS for my active files and connect it to odrive, notably from here: time4vps.eu ( 7.99 euro for 4TB if paid for 2 yrs )

Thor

+1 for Hubic, a great European Cloud.

+1 for hubiC. There are appears to be an API vailable for 3rd part developers to integrate.

+1 - That’s would be great!

+1 for hubiC.
Amazon is not good for frequently u/d :confused:

Hi !
I’m actually migrating to Amazon Drive because i’m very desappointed by Hubic ! The bandwith is very bad, the web client does not support folder import, and all desktop clients are not very powerfull.
If you want upload several files that are big (5 or 10 GB), it will work.
But if you want to synchronise a lot of little files, it will be very, very, veryyyyyyy long … because you can upload just one file at once and the the second file waiting for the upload termination confirmation of the first to start. It’s this delay that takes time.
It’s been for nearly one year i have a hubic account. I’m waiting for migrating all my data to Amazon and i will say goodbye to Hubic.
For information, i only have 2TB to save.

1 Like

Great review about Hubic @jordan.lenuff! I use Amazon Cloud Drive and was thinking about migrating to Hubic. Your little review helped me making a decision to stay with Amazon for now. What I hate about Amazon Cloud Drive is that i cannot play an video file bigger than 2GB or 20min long on the web interface. It’s a pain in the neck because any 4k smartphone vídeo these days go beyond 2GB. This is for me the main problem with Amazon, they have a lot to improve on their cloud but unlimited storage is crazy good!!

1 Like

Thank you @rafhob,
I only spoke about inconvients from Hubic. Maybe your playing video problem does not exist with Hubic. You can test it by creating a free account : https://hubic.com/fr/offres/stockage-gratuit
You can upload up to 25GB for free.
Have you encountered more issues with Amazon Drive ?

1 Like

I will try Hubic with this free account. Thanks @jordan.lenuff!
Yes, i have more minor problems with ACD besides this one with vídeos. One that I really miss too is to see the folder info size and number of files inside that folder - It already has this possibility in files, but not in folders. Like file properties in an macOS (number of files and subfolders in a folder, total size, etc.). I would like to check if everything was uploaded correctly.

What do you mean by “ACD” ? (im french, surely im lacking english !)
For Amazon Drive, I like the client desktop. It shows you which files failed and suggest to try again easily. So, I don’t really need the number of files or other infos. With Hubic, you also dont have this possibility.

1 Like

I don’t use Amazon desktop client anymore, just odrive. I trust odrive to do the sync and backup, but would be interesting for me that Amazon web interface have this folder info/properties, just for the peace of my mind. By the way, ACD is a shorten name for Amazon Cloud Drive. :wink:

ACD … :laughing: Ho My…

Here an example of the web interface of my Hubic account :

As you can see, no more information about folder than ACD …

Another issue i encountered yesterday : the download of data !
I selected a folder to download, so Hubic made a zip file. There was two issues :

• the download speed was limited at 1024 kB
  • once the download completed, the zip file was corrupted. :angry:
    It happened twice on two diffrent folders.

I’m really fed up of Hubic …

EDIT : another error in trying to dowload with the web client Hubic :

1 Like

And here an example of trying to download a save from Swift Explorer Client :

I was unable to recover my save…

1 Like

So I’ll be stuck on Amazon Cloud Drive for now. Thanks for showing me this @jordan.lenuff. This errors are basic and what’s is the point of having a cloud that you cannot download properly a file, right? :laughing: