How do I know what folders are synced?

Hi there, I’ve selected to sync all my files in dropbox but moved the slider to nothing (fully left) but selected include all sub folders - now I can see my entire dropbox structure with placeholder files. Great!

There are a few folders in my dropbox that I’ve synced to download everything - these work fine. Great!

In a few months time I’m going to want to unsync some of these folders to save space on my computer. Is there anyway for me to see which folders have been downloaded and which folders have not been downloaded?

Originally the folder was pink when it was unsynced - but since I opted to sync everything but not to download anything so I could see the whole structure of my dropbox all the folders stopped being pink and everything just looks like a standard folder.

Any thoughts on how to see what folders have fully synced and contain files so I can unsync them when I don’t need them anymore?

Make sense?

Hi,
There isn’t a way through odrive to visually determine which folders have a fully cached structure vs a partially cached structure. However, we do have an advanced auto-unsync feature that will automatically unsync files after a certain period of time (1 day, 1 week, or 1 month).

If you want a way to determine which folders are the best candidates for unsyncing, based on size alone, there are ways to determine this through utilities or scripts, if that is what you are interested in.

Thanks Tony. That’s good to know. I’ll explore the file size alternatives.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ben

1 Like