Google drives won't sync

Hi,
Brand new to ODrive. Im logged in via microsoft account and have linked 3 cloud drives: 1 x OneDrive and 2 x Google Drive. The OneDrive folder works fine but when I try to sync the Google Drives, they fail with the message: " Unable to sync xxxxx.cloudf" (xxxx is name of drive). This is a home computer running win 10, latest updates installed etc,etc. We run an internet monitoring software (Covenant Eyes).
Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @andrewcblumer,
Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive menu so I can take a closer look?

Are you able to browse those links without issues when doing so from the odrive web client (https://www.odrive.com)?

Hi Tony,

Wow, thanks for the quick response. I have sent a diagnostic (I think)
but there was no way for me to attach it to this mail: It just went. If
I’ve done it incorrectly, please let me know.

When I’m on the web-based oDrive client, I can access the Google Drive
links just fine. The inability is only from the desktop client.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Hi @andrewcblumer,
It looks like the network monitoring software that is being used may be inteferring with the connection to Google Drive, in this case.

I am seeing an SSL error when trying to list the contents of the Google Drive folders:
SSLError(EOF occurred in violation of protocol)

Do you have a way to temporarily disable the software to test if the issue persists?

Another thing that can be tried, too:
If you create a Space against the Google Drive link, are you able to browse?
https://www.odrive.com/account/myodrive?catid=spaces

Once the Space has been created, you can find it listed in the “Spaces” folder in the root of the odrive folder.

Hi Tony,
Thanks for helping. The monitoring software cant be disabled without uninstalling it - something that I don’t want to do. It shouldn’t block anything, merely monitor. I can contact their help desk if it is blocking access. How certain are you that it is the culprit?

I created a Space, as suggested, and I can navigate as I think I should be able to. In addition, if I share the Space with myself, it also appears in the root directory (not the "Spaces"directory) of the desktop client (both the drive - which I can’t access - AND the share - which I can access).

Hope to hear from you shortly.

Andrew.

Hi @andrewcblumer,

I can’t be positive, but there definitely is something interfering with the connection to Google. That program seems a likely culprit, but we can’t know for sure unless it is disabled, or you are able to connect to another network.

Do you have any other software running that could be actively monitoring, or any sort of intermediate networking layer (proxy, firewall) that could be interfering?