Google drive folder not visible in desktop odrive folder

A folder on my google drive is not showing up in my desktop odrive folder. The folder is visible in my odrive web interface.

I’ve tried restarting, resyncing and reinstalling (and then resyncing) odrive, all to no avail.

I am using a MacBook pro (late 2013) running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1. The folder in question is among the ‘shared with me’ files on my google drive. All other ‘shared with me’ subfolders and files seem to be showing up correctly in google drive and the odrive web and desktop interfaces.

Of course, the folder in question pertains to a project I’m currently working on, so I would love to get this working properly ASAP. Any suggestions for how to sync things up so I can see this folder?

Hi there,

By any chance, does the folder that is not visible have the same name of another folder/file in the same location? If so, I recommend you change the names so that they are unique, and then they should both appear in your odrive folder.

One of the pains of syncing Google Drive is that they allow duplicate files/folders with the same names. However, most file systems (including OS X) do not allow duplicate files/folders with the same name. What odrive currently does is to choose one of the files/folders with the same name.

No, it wasn’t technically a duplicate file name, but the person who shared it had put a / in the filename… and your reply just prompted me to realize that might be causing the problem. I just changed it to a _ and… it now works :slight_smile:

Note to self to keep an eye on how my collaborators’ file naming conventions…

1 Like

I had a similar problem with a folder not syncing because the folder had a “/” (forward slash) in the name.

This seems to easy to resolve, but it took me a long time to figure out why that folder wouldn’t sync.
It would be nice if there was a log or something somewhere(like a console in the sync application) that would describe the sync conflict. That would have saved me(and many others I’m sure) a bunch of time.

Hello,

I have an identical issue, but in my case more folders are missing. So:

A folder on my google drive is not showing up in my desktop odrive folder. The folder is visible in my odrive web interface.

I’ve tried restarting, resyncing and reinstalling (and then resyncing) odrive, all to no avail.

I am using a ASUS running Windows 10. The folder in question is among the ‘shared with me’ files on my google drive. Most ‘shared with me’ subfolders and files seem to be showing up correctly in google drive and the odrive web and desktop interfaces.

Of course, the folder in question pertains to a project I’m currently working on, so I would love to get this working properly ASAP. Any suggestions for how to sync things up so I can see this folder?

Hi,
Can you provide the name of the folders that are missing, or a screenshot showing them in the odrive web client? This is usually caused by illegal characters in the name that cannot be used on the client operating system.

See this thread for more details: Why are some of my files/folders missing from odrive? (Google Drive and others)

The problem is about Debiteurenadm This folder does not have any strange charakters.The problem shows with more than just this folder. I can see the folders in the online odrive web view, but they are not visible in my native odrive client.
best regards taetske

Hi,
If you add a new folder called “test” to that folder from the odrive web client, does it show up on the desktop client?

After trying this can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu? There may be something I can see from there.

HI,

I just added a Folder called TEST to the folder Finance and it show.

I also added a Folder TEST2 in de folder I can’t see Debiteurenadm. This folder still does not show, but when I open Drive via the webbrowser, I can see it:

Hope you can help me.
Thanks already

Hi,
Did you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu? I did not see one come in.

Thanks!