Gdrive didn't sync a folder

Hi,

I use Odrive for a few months and everything is fine until now.

An colaborator share with me a folder with a 4 folders insider. The Odrive only sync the first folder and let them blank.

What a need to sync the others folders?

Thanks

Vânia

Hi @vaniaxsantos,

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, can you please go through the following thread with the similar reported problem and let me if it has any solution for your missing folder?
https://forum.odrive.com/t/odrive-doesnt-show-all-google-drive-folders/479

We don’t sync any item in odrive folder if it contains illegal char which is not permitted in target OS. Kindly, look for illegal char or leading / trailing spaces in shared folder names and remove it (if exists).

Btw, have you tried right-click → refresh option in case your folder name fully qualifies for sync and don’t contain any prohibited char.

Thanks,
Asif

Hi,

I read the article and I did all the steps but it didn’t work.

I created a folder inside the first and the other folders appeared right away.

This bug is very confusing. :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Glad to know everything is back on track in your desktop.

Ideally, sync automatically reflects all your files and folders to / from odrive folder (meeting sync rules) but It seems like somehow mentioned items got skipped. Although, when you created new folder it forced to fetch / traverse through all items in source which finally bring the missing items. I believe right-click --> refresh option in context menu should also help in such situations.

I’m planning to conduct more tests around this area to identify anything which can lead to this condition.

Please let me know if it happens again

Thanks,
Asif

1 Like