Encryptor folder does not show up

Encryptor folder has gone away. I keep having the folder with the encrypted data, but the Encryptor folder is gone. I am using macOS cliente version 7.2.0.1
How can I solve this problem? I need to access the encrypted information.

Hi @juanobregonmazo,
Do you still see the folder setup for encryption here: odrive | Sign in

Can you also send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu so I can take a look at the configuration?

Hi tony.

Yes, I can see the encrypted folder through the web site.
I have already sent the diagnostic.

Best regards,
Juan

Hi @juanobregonmazo,
It looks like the Encryptor folder may have been accidentally deleted or moved. It is listed in the odrive trash, currently.

It is difficult to see, however, because there are a ton of items currently in the trash. Almost all of them appear to be from `/Users/juan/odrive/Sonia/Imágenes/Álbum de cámara/

Since you probably won’t be able to see the Encryptor item in the trash list in the odrive tray menu, an easy way to restore it is to create an Encryptor.cloudf file in the root of your odrive. For example:

• Open up a terminal session
  • Use the command:
    touch /Users/juan/odrive/Encryptor.cloudf

odrive will see this, remove its entry from the trash, and it will be available to sync again.

Something that may be helpful: When you create a diagnostic, it also creates a local file in the root of the odrive folder names “current_odrive_status.txt”. All of the current items in the odrive trash are listed here, for reference.

Hi Tony.

Yes, I have deleted a lot of information, but I have not deleted Encryptor. Anyway, I have been able to get the file structure back creating the Encryptor.cloudf file. But I am getting some sync errors and the synchronization is taking a lot of time.

How can I get all data unencrypted? Is it just enough to delete the Encryptor configuration through the Account setup web page?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Juan

Hi @juanobregonmazo,

No, the data is stored encrypted on your remote storage, so you will need to download it all to have it decrypted.

Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu and I can take a look at the errors you are seeing?

Also, have you checked your MacOS Trash to make sure the original deleted Encryptor folder is not there?
A search on your system for “Encryptor” may also be helpful, if the folder was accidentally moved to another location. If you had this data locally, before, it could help to shortcut the re-download process.