Downloaded via odrive Win, can I continue download on linux?

How do I do the diagnostic command? I would need to stop the syncing right?

Hi @voarsh,
You don’t have to stop sync. You can just run the diagnostics command from the CLI. You would just need either another ssh session to the server, or use screen to manage multiple terminal sessions within a single window (https://www.howtogeek.com/662422/how-to-use-linuxs-screen-command/).

Hi Tony.
I’ve downloaded 6 TB’s (roughly) - not sure if it’s done exactly, but for the last day or two it seems to be cycling through the files it’s not able to download, like Google Docs/Sheets, “malware” flagged files and folder paths that are illegal:

Sirius BPs needed doesn’t even have that filepath.
It’s actually this:

It seems to be cycling through these download failures, forever, and not finishing downloading the rest of the files. Or, it has finished and it just cycles through the failed files.

Hi @voarsh

Yes, this is correct. The download script is dumb, so it will just continue to cycling on files it is unable to download, forever.

For the flagged files, did you try the build that allows you to override the flag error?

For the google documents, since they can’t really be “downloaded” anyway, you can just filter them out in the script command like this:
exec 6>&1;num_procs=4;output="go"; while [ "$output" ]; do output=$(find "/shared/odrive/Google Drive" -name "*.cloud*" ! -path "*.gdocx*" ! -path "*.gsheetx*" -print0 | xargs -0 -n 1 -P $num_procs python "$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py" sync | tee /dev/fd/6); done

I’m getting to this soon.

Unable to sync S…Wish.flv.cloud. This file doesn’t exist.

Not sure what this error is - it won’t let me sync a folder with files that clearly do exist?

I had the idea to try on Windows and seems to be giving more success.
Due to issues of (unknown reason) not being able to download these folders with videos inside, there’s still hundreds of GB’s to download.

Regarding Sheets/Docs, do you suggest downloading from the web interface, by searching for file type and mass downloading?

Hi @voarsh,
Once you get the “This file doesn’t exist” message again, can you send a diagnostic from the command line? (The diagnostics command), so I can take a closer look?

For the Google Doc files, yes you would need to download from the Google Drive web client so that it converts them to Excel, Word, etc…

Have you seen this before?

Error updating the folder. Error accessing file

?

• you lot should be on break, celebrating, I hope it’s good!

Hi @voarsh,
I hope you are having a good holiday, as well!

Were you able to send a diagnostic after hitting these errors? I should be able to take a look at that and get a better idea of what is causing the errors. If you are able to, please reproduce the errors you are seeing (“This file doesn’t exist” and “Error updating the folder. Error accessing file”) and then send a diagnostic over.

What does ~/.odrive-agent/log/main.log show when you hit these errors?