"Download Everything" is not downloading everything

Been trying to re-download a bunch of my files after migrating to a new drive and when using the Sync function even with “Include Subfolders” checked and the slider set to “Everything” there are still a lot of .cloud files in the root folder and nothing in the subfolders is downloaded. Using Odrive1 free version

Hi @kkozinski,
Are you seeing any errors, or does is the sync action not doing anything and stopping silently?

Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu so I can take a closer look at what is happening?

odrive can stop large download operations if it encounters too many errors, but you can use the CLI in an advanced way to force syncing, if needed. How can I force a recursive sync (download) with the CLI?

I sent a diagnostic. I have not seen any errors and if I check the tray icon it shows that it is downloading files but after letting it go for several hours once the tray icon shows no more changes pending I check the file explorer and there are still cloud files that have not been downloaded.

Hi @kkozinski,
I took a look at the diagnostic and I can see that you are running into a good amount of errors from Amazon. Mostly rate limiting errors.

There are a couple of things you can do to change this behavior:

• Open up the “odrive_user_general_conf.txt” file in the root of the odrive folder and change the “maxDownloadRetries” parameter from 3 to something like 6.
  • Use the CLI to force the download, no matter how many errors it encounters. This will guarantee that the download will not stop, but you will want to keep an eye on it to make sure that it doesn’t start looping infinitely on problem folders/files. This would attempt to download your folder until it is done, not stopping for anything. More on this method here: How can I force a recursive sync (download) with the CLI?

Are you using the right-click->sync feature multiple folder simultaneously, or are you just using it on a single top-level folder?