Can't Unsync folder

I have a paid odrive account and when I go to unsync a folder it says Can’t Unsync “Unexpected error. Please try again later”. I drilled down until I found what could not be unsynced and it was a symlink file (I am on a MAC). In finder the file shows a blue checkbox like it has been synced but no option to unsync. How do I fix this?

I have a bunch of previously synced folders that give this same error of not being able to be unsynced, I assume it is the same problem, please help…

Matt

1 Like

Hi @matt2,
Symlinks should be okay, in general, but I have seen cases where the symlink is actually self-referencing, creating infinite recursion.

Can you send over a diagnostic from the odrive menu so I can take a look?

Tony, I just sent the diagnostic. The link was not a recursive link. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

• Matt

Hi @matt2,
Do you have one (or more) names I can look for? Sometimes its hard to dig through these diagnostics if there is a lot going on or the scope of data is rather large.

Yes, look in /Code/Web/demo-data-grid.dev/vendor/bin. Several of the problems are in folders with this bin directory.

Let me know what you come up with.

Hi @matt2,
The problem seems to be with “/bin/boris”. The OS is spitting back “OSError([Errno 2] No such file or directory”. Is it possible this is a broken symlink? Anything of note about “boris”?

It is happening a lot, is it possible that odrive is unsyncing the file that is symlinked before the symlink itself?

Hi @matt2,
Are these symlinks links to folders or files. I actually have been able to reproduce an issue with symlinked folders, but it is a different exception than you are seeing. I am discussing with Engineering.

I cannot reproduce an issue with symlinked files, though.

They are symlinked files.

Can you give me an example of the symlink realtionship that odrive is failing on?
Does it look valid?
If you create your own test symlinked file, so you see the same behavior?