Cant synk large file

Hi. I have a large file of 116 GB that does not work to sync to my computer. It has been going on for several days and goes up to about 60-70% then it starts all over again. What could be wrong?

Hi @johannes,

• Can you tell me which storage this is?
  • Is this an upload or a download?
  • Can you send a diagnostic from the odrive tray menu so that we can take a closer look?

Hi

I just sent the diagnostic. It is a download.

/Johannes

Skärmavbild 2022-05-10 kl. 08.52.19

Thanks @johannes!

There are definitely network errors being encountered, but there is something strange happening, too. It looks like Dropbox is not sending the whole file sometimes and then we error because the size they sent us doesn’t match the reported size.

I would like to look at getting a test version for you to use that can give us more information about the download process and what is happening here, if you are willing to try it out.

Yes, sure, I can do that. But is it possible to go back to an older version if it has som unknown problem?

Hi @johannes,
This functionality hasn’t changed in quite a long time, so I don’t think going to an older version will make a difference. I will let you know as soon as we have something for you to test.

Hi @johannes,
Here is the new version. Dropbox download has been tweaked a little bit and additional logging has been added.

Hi. It does not seem to work. But I have completed my project without this file this time. However, I would like to know how to avoid this in the future? Skärmavbild 2022-05-13 kl. 14.50.32

Hi @johannes,
Can you send a diagnostic so I can take a look at the output for the download attempt?

Hi. Sure, its done :slight_smile:

Thanks @johannes,
It is really strange, but the logs show that Dropbox just stops sending the data after a certain point. We’ll need to look at the possibility of resuming downloads when they do this.