Can't sync file. Amazon Cloud Drive error

Can you test if you are able to download these files from the odrive web client (https://www.odrive.com)?
What about the Amazon Cloud Drive web client?

Can you also click on “send diagnostics” in the odrive tray menu?

Thanks!

I’ll try it and let you know if it works.
But I’m taking a vacation, can’t do the downloading in a few days.
I can send the diagnostics first.
Cheers.

1 Like

Hi,
It says “Unsolicited reports will not be reviewed” when I try to send report(and I sent it anyway).
Should I provide something like ID or ACD account name?
Thanks.

Thanks. Can you provide the local user name on that machine?

Hi,
kimi should be my local user name.

Hi Kimi,
Are you still seeing this behavior? If so, can you send another diagnostic? The previous one looked to be mostly idle, so didn’t reveal any current issues.

Thanks!

@Kimi

Maybe you could try to sync the files, and when the error message comes up, then directly send a diagnostics report. This way there should appear something.

Best regards,
Richard

1 Like

Okay, I just followed @Zaiser_Richard’s advice and sent another one.

Thanks!

Hi @Kimi
Amazon Cloud Drive is giving us back an unexpected error when trying to download the file.

Can you check what the experience is when downloading from Amazon’s own web client or the odrive web client (https://www.odrive.com)?

Hi,
Amazon’s web client didn’t start downloading as well.
But I’ve got a xml response from odrive’s.
It looks like an encoding problem.

Error -
Code = InvalidArgument
Message = Header value cannot be represented using ISO-8859-1.
ArgumentName = response-content-disposition
ArgumentValue = attachment; filename="戰爭與和平.mkv"
RequestId = …
HostId = …

Do you need the IDs?

Thanks Kimi,
I am looking into this, but can you tell me what client you used to upload this file to Amazon Cloud Drive?

These files were synced by odrive on Windows.

If you rename that file to something very simple, like “test.mkv”, will it download?

Yes! No alert anymore.
Good to know those files are not broken.
Thanks!

Thanks. We will take a look to see if there is something we can do on our end in this case. It seems to be something on ACD’s side, though.

1 Like

Hi Tony, it seems that this issue from 2 years ago is actually the same issue with mine. So under my folder, let’s say if I have these files:

aaa.mp4.cloud
aaa.srt.cloud
aaa.2.srt.cloud

and if aaa contains some Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters, those two small files will have no problem to download, but the big one will require a name change in order to download.

Weird part is, all my files were uploaded to ACD using odrive. I don’t understand why uploading works perfectly and downloading doesn’t.

Also, I get this pretty often too: when a file name is ALL in English, with no ambiguous symbols, it can still have the same problem. It actually gives an error message “Amazon Cloud Drive internal server error”. But I highly doubt that.

Any thoughts?

Hi @onyxlee,
The error coming back from Amazon is that the it can’t process the request on these items with “special” characters. So we send it the request, and then they come back with an error saying they can’t do it. For these files, are you able to download from their own web client?

Similarly, the “Amazon Cloud Drive internal server error” is actually what they send back to us after we make a request (it’s generally a 500-504 response from them). It is not uncommon to see. I think it may have something to do with the data handoffs that are happening behind the scenes between the S3 backend and the front-end handling the requests.

Hi Tony, thank you so much. I see what you mean. It’s just strange that ACD can handle the filename of aaa.srt but not aaa.mp4.

I did try ACD’s own sync program for PC, but that thing doesn’t even run. It just stays at “configuring” stage for ever. I am so dissapointed at their product this time. Their PC app, their android app, their discontinuing service… Sorry it all fell onto you…

No worries @onyxlee. At least we know what the issue is and have a way to work around it, even though its a pain.

You are partially right. So far half of my files that can’t be synced have Chinese characters in the names, but the other half are just standard English file name with no symbols. Really sad.