Amazon Cloud Drive service issues

I am now getting an error when trying to empty drive trash that amazon cloud drive enforces a limit on requests to their service and that I should wait a few minutes and retry etc. I have waited almost a day and still getting this error. I also cannot delete a file from the web interface. It just says error deleting. Any ideas? Called amazon first level tech support and no help from them either.

1 Like

Hi @nholloman,
There have been a couple of issues raised today involving Amazon rate limits. It is possible that Amazon is having some capacity issues, in general, that could be affecting folks that are making an above average number of requests. If the issue persists into tomorrow I will dig into it more and reach out to Amazon.

1 Like

I have the same problem as well trying to delete my duplicated floder but It happen like you do

Hi @prasopchok_copter,

This also indicates the same rate limit enforced by Amazon Cloud Drive (or any other source) as described by Tony in his previous post. When odrive hits the rate limit, odrive client back off from making further calls to the source for certain period of time.

It would recommend you to wait approximately 30mins to 60mins before making new calls to Amazon Cloud Drive service. If this problem still persist, please make sure to send diagnostic report from tray menu. I’ll take a look at it

Thanks,
Asif

1 Like

Btw, I have no such user rate limit issue in my Amazon Cloud Drive account during my tests.

1 Like

It happens when I try to sync new folder outside of Odrive floder (I use pro trail sync). End up all the flies on my Aamazon cloud been sync to that folder so I decided to stop the sync and reinstall odrive after that the issue start from that point I can’t delete my folder anymore. but the problem still pesist. I try to send report for you Thank you for help.

Hi @prasopchok_copter,

Thanks for sending out the report, I have looked at the diagnostic report and it seems like Amazon Cloud Drive is not letting us delete the folder, every time app try to sync the trashed / deleted item change from your desktop to source, request run into RATE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error which is returned from ACD.

Would you like to try odrive web interface and see if it helps in deletion of the folder?
https://www.odrive.com/account/myodrive

Btw, you can set your “Auto Empty Trash” settings to immediate, as soon as ACD recovers from rate limit against your account, odrive will process the delete automatically, although it is a premium feature.

if none of the above works then unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do since restriction is enforced from the ACD and client cannot overrule it =(

As last option, you can directly goto ACD web client and delete the folder from here:

Thanks,
Asif

deleting from ACD web interface doesn’t work either.

still having the problem. I have decided to turn odrive off completely just to make sure that no activity is occurring, I really need a resolution to this. I contacted Amazon Cloud Drive and they act like they have no idea what Im talking about.

just talked to ACD support again and they confirmed that it is an outage on their end that started yesterday afternoon. Engineering is aware and working on the issue. I am supposed to receive an email once it is resolved from the tech guy. I will post back here once I hear something.

Thanks for the update @nholloman. We confirmed the same thing with Amazon. They will be letting us know when things are back to normal.

We’ve been told that things are stabilizing, so things should be looking better. Let me know if that is not the case.

1 Like

yes looks like it has been fixed so far. fingers crossed…

4 Likes