All my linked storage disappeared

All my linked storage disappeared

Hi @filipepimentasilva,
Is it possible that you have logged in with a different account than usual? (Google, Microsoft, Dropbox, etc…).

The only other possibility, aside from explicitly removing the links from the web client, is that they were deleted from a client. When the desktop client deletes the main folders/links inside the default odrive folder, and the odrive trash is emptied (or auto trash rules have been enabled), the links will also be removed from the odrive account.

No, none of these situations happened.
The only thing it happened was a timemachine restore (macos) after a failed update to mojave.

Hi @filipepimentasilva,
I’m am very sorry that this happened.

I had the team check the code on this yesterday and the examples I mentioned above were confirmed to be the only way that links can be removed from an odrive account. It may be possible that the TimeMachine restore (or upgrade) caused some sort of state or sequence of events that was seen as a local delete of the links.

I am going to look at guarding against local link deletes, altogether, on the desktop. I don’t think it is a needed use case, and we can require that any unlinking will need to happen, explicitly, from the web client.

Since all of the data is safe in your cloud storage, you can link the accounts again to get those back on your desktop.